[SOLVED] Mic not working/Or Windows driver?

Jlavigne

Honorable
Aug 18, 2015
Good day,
I hope you're all doing well! :)
I have a question. My mic suddenly stopped working, and after trying to fix it, all attempts have failed. I've tested another headset as well, but nothing. The main game I play is Overwatch and at one point a few months ago, it suddenly stopped working. The mic is recognized by Windows, but I cannot test it in the sound options. I've uninstalled the game, I've uninstalled drivers, etc etc. I have a Razer wireless headset, and what is funny and weird is that in the Raze software, my mic can be tested... but everywhere else it doesn't work.

Also, in Overwatch, I can see my friend is talking, but I can't hear him, and again, my mic doesn't work yet the little sound made by the push-to-talk can be heard... this is very strange...

I'm thinking to format my HD with a clean install to see if this will fix it, but I have Windows installed on a nvme SSD and my games on a regular HD. I know some folders are created on the SSD drive regardless if I've installed the game on the HD, so I'm thinking I will have to uninstall all the games too and reinstall them to avoid "file missing" errors??

Any advice would be appreciated! :)
Tks!
J

Last edited:
Solution
Have you tried uninstalling audio drivers and reinstalling them back.
Download the latest drivers for you motherboard or device from manufacturer's website.
Disconnect from the internet (prevent Windows from installing drivers).
Uninstall the audio drivers
Reboot, then install the audio drivers.
Have you tried uninstalling audio drivers and reinstalling them back.
Download the latest drivers for you motherboard or device from manufacturer's website.
Disconnect from the internet (prevent Windows from installing drivers).
Uninstall the audio drivers
Reboot, then install the audio drivers.

Solution