Mice scrolling on their own

kuurth

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2012
I'm sorry but I didn't see where to put this problem, so I put it here.

I had a Microsoft SideWinder gaming mouse that kept scrolling up and down all by itself. Sometimes it would just move a little and other times it would go crazy. I was running Windows XP at the time (3 days ago I changed to Windows 7.) The problem was so annoying that I bought another mouse, a Logitech G500. It has the same problem!! The mouse is straight out of the box! I installed the ScrollPoint software and set the speed of the scroll wheel hoping that would help; it didn't. I went to the Device Manager to see if there was something conflicting and there wasn't. Like I mentioned before: I just installed Windows 7 3 days ago, so had to format the HD.

Since this has happened with 2 different mice on 2 different operating systems I am stumped! This is a wired mouse, so it isn't interference from something else. The wheel isn't dirty as I just got the mouse today. Please someone help me? This is super annoying!

kuurth

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2012
I am wondering if maybe this might not be a problem with the USB port or something on the mainboard as this is happening with 2 different mice on 2 different operating systems.