Question Micro Stuttering/ feels like Frames dropping without frames actually dropping

Jul 14, 2022
I’m lost here. I’ve tried about everything I possibly can without changing out the mother board, hard drives, and the psu. I have a PC that’s ran almost flawlessly up until about a week and a half ago. I mostly play fps games on this computer. When I start gaming it’s almost like my screen freeze’s for less then a split second and will continuously do it. It’s super noticeable and affects my gameplay a great deal. At first I thought it was a RAM issue because when I looked at the usage it was 60-70 percent when gaming. I have some spare pc parts around so I started with the RAM, Original 2x 8gb (16gb) Geil DDR4 3000mhz swapped for 2x 8gb(16gb) Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz issue still was there. Then I just ran all 4 sticks to see if that would fix it. Nothing. At this point I feared it was the graphics card. First did a roll back on the driver to see if it was the driver. Once that didn’t fix it I swapped a RTX 2060 for a GTX 1060. Both are more then capable of running apex. To see if the graphics card was going out. And it ran the exact same. I’ve tried V Sync on off, g sync on off, ran a memory test from windows and it said there’s a memory issue but when I use the ram in a different computer there’s no issue running the game so I don’t believe it’s the ram. Also when G Sync is enabled there’s a very noticble screen flickering that occurs( Seperate issue) thought it was the cable and nothing. Used a different monitor to see if it was Becuase the games running at a higher fps the frame rate on the computer and nothing. I’m pretty much lost. All other drivers are up to date. Anyone know if this is a known issue?

Gpu: Zotac 2070 8gb
  • CAS: DEEPCOOL MATREXX 55 RGB Mid Tower ATX Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Front and Side
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
  • CS_FAN: 4X 120mm CyberPowerPC 120mm Addressable RGB 1200RPM Fans w/ Hub + Remote Controller
  • FAN: INTEL BRAND LGA 1156 (S) CPU FAN 95W
  • HDD: 512GB Intel® 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
  • HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) HDD
  • MEMORY: GEIL Super Luce 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz RGB MEMORY
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME B360M-A INTEL 1151 MATX SATA3 M.2/PCIE Motherboard
    NETWORK: PCI-E 802.11 AC WIFI CARD (Included)
  • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Thermaltake SMART series 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply (Included)

I’m lost here. I’ve tried about everything I possibly can without changing out the mother board, hard drives, and the psu. I have a PC that’s ran almost flawlessly up until about a week and a half ago. I mostly play fps games on this computer. When I start gaming it’s almost like my screen freeze’s for less then a split second and will continuously do it. It’s super noticeable and affects my gameplay a great deal. At first I thought it was a RAM issue because when I looked at the usage it was 60-70 percent when gaming. I have some spare pc parts around so I started with the RAM, Original 2x 8gb (16gb) Geil DDR4 3000mhz swapped for 2x 8gb(16gb) Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz issue still was there. Then I just ran all 4 sticks to see if that would fix it. Nothing. At this point I feared it was the graphics card. First did a roll back on the driver to see if it was the driver. Once that didn’t fix it I swapped a RTX 2060 for a GTX 1060. Both are more then capable of running apex. To see if the graphics card was going out. And it ran the exact same. I’ve tried V Sync on off, g sync on off, ran a memory test from windows and it said there’s a memory issue but when I use the ram in a different computer there’s no issue running the game so I don’t believe it’s the ram. Also when G Sync is enabled there’s a very noticble screen flickering that occurs( Seperate issue) thought it was the cable and nothing. Used a different monitor to see if it was Becuase the games running at a higher fps the frame rate on the computer and nothing. I’m pretty much lost. All other drivers are up to date. Anyone know if this is a known issue?

Gpu: Zotac 2070 8gb
  • CAS: DEEPCOOL MATREXX 55 RGB Mid Tower ATX Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Front and Side
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
  • CS_FAN: 4X 120mm CyberPowerPC 120mm Addressable RGB 1200RPM Fans w/ Hub + Remote Controller
  • FAN: INTEL BRAND LGA 1156 (S) CPU FAN 95W
  • HDD: 512GB Intel® 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
  • HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) HDD
  • MEMORY: GEIL Super Luce 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz RGB MEMORY
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME B360M-A INTEL 1151 MATX SATA3 M.2/PCIE Motherboard
    NETWORK: PCI-E 802.11 AC WIFI CARD (Included)
  • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Thermaltake SMART series 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply (Included)
If the windows memory test is showing an error then stop there you must fix that.

Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run......no errors allowed.

Jul 14, 2022
press windows key + I
go to personalisation
select background
in the drop down menu does it say slideshow? if so then change it to solid
Seen that in some other forums and gave it a shot. I use a custom image. I think it was the RAM. I guess the Geil sticks were bad and just adding the Corsair didn’t help. But removing the Geil stick completely might have done it. It’s still running a memory test but so far no errors. This time yesterday it already had about 4.

Jul 15, 2022
Seen that in some other forums and gave it a shot. I use a custom image. I think it was the RAM. I guess the Geil sticks were bad and just adding the Corsair didn’t help. But removing the Geil stick completely might have done it. It’s still running a memory test but so far no errors. This time yesterday it already had about 4.
good luck. if no dice then try completely uninstalling geforce experience, that is what worked for me, it would stutter hard every 60 seconds on the dot and now it is gone.

also for your monitor flickering try downloading nvidiaprofileinspector from here https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases/tag/2.3.0.13

scroll down to the section that says 5 - Common and change single display performance to multiple display performance and close.

also on nvidia control panel, go to manage 3d settings, global, refresh rate prefer maximum refresh rate, and then lock maximum fps to 141.