Question Micro-stuttering in all games ?

Feb 6, 2024
Hello guys, im getting stuttering in all games and ive tried everything from forum and youtube and nothing worked... ive uninstalled / reinstalled Windows, drivers are updated, normal temps etc...

My specs are:
i9-9700k
rtx 2080
32gb ram 3200mhz
500gb M.2 SSD
850w PSU

Im getting tired of playing games and a lot of micro stutters happen... (sry for bad english btw)

Hello guys, im stuttering in all games and ive tried everything from forum and youtube and nothing worked... ive unistall and install windows, drivers are updated, normal temps etc...
My specs are:I9-9700k
rtx 2080
32gb ram 3200mhz
500gb ssd m2
850w power
Im getting tired of playing games and a lot of micro stutters happen... (sry for bad english btw)
Please specify the branding and model numbers on ALL of your parts so we can get a better understanding of your PC and its hardware. Did you build this PC recently? When did the stuttering start?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Feb 6, 2024
Please specify the branding and model numbers on ALL of your parts so we can get a better understanding of your PC and its hardware. Did you build this PC recently? When did the stuttering start?
I build this pc 3 years ago. The stutters started a year a go probably...
intel i7-9700k
2080rtx inno3d
corsair 850w psu
Corsair 3200mhz ram 32gb

What might have happened since a year ago when all was well.
Are you also running an app like discord or something else that might be elevating it's priority.?

Stutters are caused by a temporary lack of a critical resource, most likely cpu power.
As a quick check on the performance of your 9700K run the cpu-Z bench and look at the single thread performance rating.
You should get a score around 566.:
https://valid.x86.fr/bench/kn2lme/1
Higher scores may reflect overclocking which can be effective on your cpu.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Feb 6, 2024
What might have happened since a year ago when all was well.
Are you also running an app like discord or something else that might be elevating it's priority.?

Stutters are caused by a temporary lack of a critical resource, most likely cpu power.
As a quick check on the performance of your 9700K run the cpu-Z bench and look at the single thread performance rating.
You should get a score around 566.:
https://valid.x86.fr/bench/kn2lme/1
Higher scores may reflect overclocking which can be effective on your cpu.
Hello, i just did it and my score for single core was 556. Is that bad?

Reactions: Frafa
Feb 6, 2024
Okay guys so this is what i get while playing rainbow six siege... a lot of micro stutters... the bigger ones are in menu so its kinda normal. Tempo de resposta=Frame Time but in portuguese
Before the update
image.png

After the new update.
image.png

Huge difference tbh. i did 2 matches and no stutters let me play a few more and give you guys feedback

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024
Did you upgrade graphics card then? What happens if you limit fps to say 80~100, does it still stutter? If it's smoother then look at cpu usage while fps is at normal levels.
Ive locked fps even at 80 and my pc cant even get 80 all the time and still stutters... i will try now with this new fix from n videa and let you guys know

Feb 6, 2024
Another thing i ve noticed is my card is using only x8 pcle instead of x16... i ve switched ssd to another place, removed the gpu and still at x8
image.png

Feb 6, 2024

Just posted today.
Trying the new fix now

Feb 6, 2024
What motherboard do you have? Does it have another x16 slot you can test?

Try clean slot and graphics card contacts with isopropyl with something lint free ie foam swab.
Hello, i have a z390f gaming and no more x16 slots to test it... but you think its because of that the stutters happen? even in league of lkegends i have thios micro stutters...