Microphone always repeating?

Mr. Koaliti

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Whenever I speak into the mic it repeats the sound back into my headphones, it only recently started doing this and idk how to stop it. Help?

Solution
"What you hear" is usually one of the options under the mixer. Maybe that's legacy to windows xp, but that one used to give me issues. Just go into control panel --> Sound and click the recording tab. Double click the microphone you have and make sure "listen to this device" is unchecked in the "listen" tab. Navigate around and check other settings too and see if it solves your problem.

beshonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
"What you hear" is usually one of the options under the mixer. Maybe that's legacy to windows xp, but that one used to give me issues. Just go into control panel --> Sound and click the recording tab. Double click the microphone you have and make sure "listen to this device" is unchecked in the "listen" tab. Navigate around and check other settings too and see if it solves your problem.

Solution

gmeltzer

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
In my case, I went to the mixer tab and found that not only was my headset set as a microphone - so was my internal mic in my laptop and the mic on my webcam.

In my case going to the control panel and clicking on sound did not bring up the mixer. I had to go to the taskbar, click on the speaker icon which then did bring up the mixer. Then I was able to turn of the two other microphones the for some reason were now on all the time.

Once I turned both of those off, the feedback stopped. Why this happened all of a sudden after using this laptop for 4 years (its a Lenovoe X220 with Windows 7)) I have no idea.

Hope that helps