Question Microphone arm recommendations for my setup

Noki0100

Reputable
Feb 28, 2019
Hi All, question around mic setup and wanting to go for something a bit more advanced. This is my desk and monitors:

mIeeCop.jpg

Whats I was aiming for was something that can clamp (or I would prefer to screw in) on the wood shelf panel on the left. The arm could then swing in an out as needed into the nook about, shown below:

W7Pzrhs.jpg

I am thinking of getting a Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ mic, with maybe a dampener too. Trying to find an arm that will work mounted sideways as opposed to the desk is tricky as many don't swing the right way for it, would a flexible arm do the job or is the mic too heavy for that? Will it even bend enough to go in and out?

Since the space is fairly small the arm can't be too long but needs to be articulate enough to swing into the space above and come out enough for it to pickup my voice. As I said I would screw it in rather than use a moveable clamp to keep things neat. I'm looking at various options but I find one thing and the thread sizes are no good or what have you.

Is there a better place than amazon to shop for this stuff, Any brands I should avoid etc, would it be easier to make something from scratch given the custom size etc?

I want something clean looking and easy to use basically, don't mind paying a little extra for the perfect setup.

Lutfij

Titan
Yu could look into Elgato's(Corsair) offering with a mic boom/arm. I'd also look into the arm made by Audio Technica and then find a way to mount the arm using some crafty wood working techniques. I also did a Google Image search for wallmountable mic arms, came up with these but they cost a pretty penny. The problem with a snake like extension arm that's adjustable is that the sockets inside said snake like arm, will give out.

I also don't think a 22UKp arm will stand up to multiple extensions and collapses. Can you provide more pictures of your setup...standing perhaps 5 or more(10) feet away from the desk?

Noki0100

Reputable
Feb 28, 2019
Thanks for the quick response, will checkout the links!

sSQLatq.jpg

Desk is attached to the wall, I custom made it for my room, it's a kitchen counter top.

kfYNbY7.jpg

The shelf is sturdy enough for it.

1IczINg.jpg