[SOLVED] Microphone crackling

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2020
Hello, everyone!

I recently bought a new microphone, trust gxt 232 mantis and when I am recording something or just click "listen to this device" in the windows settings, it is crackling.. I went back to the shop and the person put it in his laptop but it wasn't crackling there, then I went to a friend and we put the microphone in his pc but it also didn't crack there.

They both were using windows 10 and I am using windows 7, is it possible the problem to be in my windows? I tried every possible usb on my pc but it is still crackling :( I tried to reinstall the driver and it still doesn't work.

I really want to fix this problem because it's been a week and I still can't find a solution.

Thanks!

Solution
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, then make sure your OS is on the latest updates. I'd advise on making sure your USB drivers are also up to date since the mic you're working with is USB driven, meaning that the onboard soundcard has no job whatsoever.

Speaking of USB's, what is the make and model of your motherboard and the PSU? How old is the PSU?

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, then make sure your OS is on the latest updates. I'd advise on making sure your USB drivers are also up to date since the mic you're working with is USB driven, meaning that the onboard soundcard has no job whatsoever.

Speaking of USB's, what is the make and model of your motherboard and the PSU? How old is the PSU?

Solution
May 5, 2020

First, thanks so much for trying to help, I really appreciate it!

My motherboard is Asus P7P55. As PSU, I understand "Power Supply", it is 230V, around 5 years old.

May 5, 2020

I checked my BIOS version and I am on 2010, I think that's the latest version

Status
Not open for further replies.