Question Microphone Does Not Pick up Sound (Windows 10 and Realtek Problem)

Oct 6, 2020
I am having a problem with Windows 10 and Realtek Audio that is causing my computer to not pick up any sound from my microphone. When I troubleshooted the problem and I was told that audio enhancements had not been turned on and I had to restart my Computer. However, when I did so I still had the same problem and was told to restart again. This seem that it will take me in a constant loop with no real solution, so what is causing this problem?

Oct 6, 2020
If you go to "Control Panel > Device Manager > Audio inputs & outputs" do you see your microphone listed?
If you go to "PC Settings > System > Sound > Manage sound devices > Input devices", what is listed?

My microphone is a “3.5 mm Jack” Microphone so I do not think it will show up on the devices but Microphone Array (Realtek (R) Audio) is listed. Under Settings input devices it says “Stero Mix (Realtek(R) Audio)

My microphone is a “3.5 mm Jack” Microphone so I do not think it will show up on the devices but Microphone Array (Realtek (R) Audio) is listed. Under Settings input devices it says “Stero Mix (Realtek(R) Audio)
Is Microphone Array set to enabled?
Do you have the Realtek HD Audio Manager software installed on your computer?

2.jpg

Reactions: Robocod
Oct 6, 2020
I am now having a similar problem where my headphones will suddenly stop playing sound when the computer has been on standby for too long and sound will also not play without the headphones being plugged in. When I troubleshooted the problems I get the same message about audio enhancements and I have to restart my Computer. This does fix the issue with the headphones but the sound will still go after the computer has been left idle and it does not fix the issue when just using speakers where it yet again sends me in a loop. I have Realtek HD Audio Manger installed now, so I don’t know what could be causing this.

Mustafa_23

Honorable
Nov 10, 2016
@Robocod,
Right click on start, Go to Device manager. Click sound, video and game controllers.
Update your sound driver. If issue isn't solved yet,
go to search engine type your model no. and check for audio drivers Win 10.
I am myself facing microphone issues in Win 10.

TRENDING THREADS