Microphone not working, but drivers are up to date and it says the mic is detected

gyogyomega

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
So my mic suddenly stopped working, and I plugged the mic into the back of my computer instead of the front. It started working again, but later it stopped working.

After looking for fixes on the internet, I eventually uninstalled and reinstalled my sound drivers and restarted my computer. Still, the mic isn't working.

Is there a way to test if my mic is simply not working? I don't feel like my mic is broken because I plugged it into another audio jack and it started working again

EDIT: If there is a way to do a complete reinstall of my sound card, I am willing to do that

kodaxmax

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2013
If you check your recording devices, can you confirm a device shows up.

Right click the volume button (bottom right taskbar)
Left click recording devices.

Now if you make noises near the mic the bar on the right should go green on the active mic.
Right click and set that mic as the default.

gyogyomega

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

it's a headset mic

http://imgur.com/a65xXyr

for some reason the default setting is greyed out. The microphone is enabled.

gyogyomega

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Not sure if this helps, but I think the mic IS working, I plugged it into a different jack and it was working again. Then that jack stopped working too. I deleted my drivers and reinstalled them, but to no avail.

My mic works with other computers too

EDIT: If there is a way to do a complete reinstallation of my sound card, I am willing to do that