Microphone not working only on my Gaming PC

JaiiR320

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Hey guys, my mic suddenly stopped working one day when I booted my computer up. Not sure why. I have a custom PC which I will get into later. I have tried to up the enhancement and stuff and turn them off but my mic is not picking up ANY sound. It is, however being recognized by my computer. I have literally tried everything. I plugged in my apple ear pods and the too don't produce sound. One odd thing tho is when i speak directly into the "bud" part of the ear pods it does hear my voice, but it is very quiet. Ok now onto hardware...
PC PARTS
I have a Windows 10 64x custom PC with an AMD Athlon 760K, MSI A78M-E35 FM2+ Motherboard, GTX 750ti, and 8 gigs of ram. I don't think the cooler and HHD are necessary. I also have a pair of Razer Kraken Pros and the "newer" version of the apple ear pods from 2015. Please help, me someone, it would be very appreciated. And yes i know it is a underpowered PC but still... halp pls =p

EDITS:
And yes I am plugging everything in the right places. I have tried switching them in and out for days.
Should I buy a sound card? It is only not working on this computer and I am worried that it might be my motherboard or something. I have also updated my drivers for my audio and stuff but still no luck. I am also debating on building a whole new PC, tbh it kinda sucks =p.

Language edited by moderator. This is a family friendly site.
Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
1| Realtek powered audio devices have been hardest hit by users and systems that migrated to Windows 10. Unfortunately there isn't that many options for fixing but here goes.

2| You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers from your manufacturer's site and/or from Realtek's site.

3| Make sure you're installing them in an elevated command;
Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Failing that you can try and install the drivers in compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility>Windows x from the drop down menu.

4| Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?

5| I could ask you to try and reinstall your OS to a previous version like Windows 7 to see if the issue is resolved but how about you try and perform a repair install for Windows 10?

6| The last thing to do is to purchase a USB driven sound card or an add-on PCI-E based sound card, though they won't be cheap.