[SOLVED] Microphone not working

f4nt0mjchex

Reputable
Nov 12, 2016
Whatever I do my headphones microphone is not working.

I have checked all basic things such as: is it enable or muted, is it set as default and all of tehse things.

So I plugged in my older headphone mic and it also havent worked yet.

Windows 10 if that makes any difference.

I literally checked everything, all drivers are up to date.

This drives me crazy: (((

EDIT; I forgot to mention when I run troubleshooter everything is fine :s no problems it says...

Last edited:
Solution
They are duals, I mean 1 for mic 1 for headphones?

Windows said I have latest drivers for this headphones.

Also I see that you know a lot, maybe you can answere me another quesiton as well?

If I buy for examlpe 1070 TI grapchis on this conf, is it gona boost my csgo fps a lot?

RN, I am getting 180 fps in 5v5 when i am shooting 1v1m I need atleat 240.

Or should I buy new PC for 240 hz monitor?

Don't go by Windows device manager or headphones, go to your motherboard support page and install the drivers from there.

Unless you get a 1070 or 1070 Ti used for about 200 or 240 for a Ti, it's not worth it. Go with a 2060 or a 1660 Super. You may also want to think about swapping ram for higher speed in the 3,000 range, Ryzen...
Need details, system spec, laptop, desktop, are you using any adapters, splitters, etc.., has this always not worked? If it used to work, do you know what happened before it stopped working? Saying you checked everything does not help with trouble-shooting, if you did then there is no fix short of buying a new system, if you checked everything what else can other people check? Better to actually say what you did or we will just be wasting time asking you things you may have tried already.

Reactions: f4nt0mjchex

f4nt0mjchex

Reputable
Nov 12, 2016
Yes I apology,
Ryzen 1600X
Lc-cc-100
Asus Prime B350-A
Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
Kingsotn a400 120GB
Toshiba 1TB
Msi Rx 570 Armor 4GB
LC 600W
Ms Monster.

Thats my desktop PC.

This suddenl,y stopped working, I swear I am not even sure why it has happend. I cannot recall if there was windows update or something, but what even if it has? Because I reseted windows.

I tried other headphones mic and it also didnt work.

I tried these w10 things to make sure its enabled, its not muted etcetcetc. this is really weird tbh.

Yes I apology,
Ryzen 1600X
Lc-cc-100
Asus Prime B350-A
Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
Kingsotn a400 120GB
Toshiba 1TB
Msi Rx 570 Armor 4GB
LC 600W
Ms Monster.

Thats my desktop PC.

This suddenl,y stopped working, I swear I am not even sure why it has happend. I cannot recall if there was windows update or something, but what even if it has? Because I reseted windows.

I tried other headphones mic and it also didnt work.

I tried these w10 things to make sure its enabled, its not muted etcetcetc. this is really weird tbh.

So fist thing, get rid of that LC power supply, they are poor quality and you have a much higher risk of the thing failing and possibly taking out the rest of the computer with it.

The headphones you are using, are they with dual 3.5 mm jacks or a single 3.5mm 4 pole jack? Need to start testing things, try both front and rear audio ports, make sure the jacks are set to the correct input for the mic. How did you check the drivers, from the motherboard support site?

f4nt0mjchex

Reputable
Nov 12, 2016

Also I see that you know a lot, maybe you can answere me another quesiton as well?

If I buy for examlpe 1070 TI grapchis on this conf, is it gona boost my csgo fps a lot?

Don't go by Windows device manager or headphones, go to your motherboard support page and install the drivers from there.

Unless you get a 1070 or 1070 Ti used for about 200 or 240 for a Ti, it's not worth it. Go with a 2060 or a 1660 Super. You may also want to think about swapping ram for higher speed in the 3,000 range, Ryzen likes fast RAM.

Solution

f4nt0mjchex

Reputable
Nov 12, 2016

Unless you get a 1070 or 1070 Ti used for about 200 or 240 for a Ti, it's not worth it. Go with a 2060 or a 1660 Super. You may also want to think about swapping ram for higher speed in the 3,000 range, Ryzen likes fast RAM.

So you recommend me upgrading this PC and not buying completely new? Also if I swap these things, it will boost my csgo fps significally?

Asus Prime B350-A - motherboard support page?

f4nt0mjchex

Reputable
Nov 12, 2016

When I download drivers and try to open it opens me up like a picture in that format.