Microsoft Actively Involved with Windows 8 Ultrabook Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

After playing with Windows 8 for a bit I keep wanting to touch my laptop screen. This is exactly what I am looking for in my next laptop.

[citation][nom]nayra[/nom]After playing with Windows 8 for a bit I keep wanting to touch my laptop screen. This is exactly what I am looking for in my next laptop.[/citation]
I have a touch netbook with win8CP and while it took a week to get accustomed to using the touch screen I now find myself using keys and screen instead of the traditional keys and mouse/pad.

Ironically, while wasting time at a store the other day I saw an AIO desktop machine (HP?) with a touch screen... absolutely useless. While I can use the netbook touchscreen for hours, it only took 2-3 minutes before my arm started feeling a little burn on the desktop. I am sure I would get use to it a little over time, but anything above a 12" screen is not going to be very touch friendly because you have to move your whole arm instead of just moving your fingers/wrist a little. Especially as I get a little older I am becoming a little more sensitive to moving my shoulders a whole lot.

It is the difference between a hand gesture on the small screen vs actual movement/work on the big screen. Also the reason the wii motion controllers are so popular which are gesture based, compared to the xbox/PS3 motion controllers which are more motion tracking based. Both are better at different things, but when it comes to constant use it is far easier/more effective to do simple gestures instead of doing the actual movements.

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
And here I am saying Microsoft has no hardware ambitions. And why did they cancel Courrier then when it should be the windows 8 poster child? Did it fail these certification criteria?

They have no hardware 'performance' ambitions then, while dictating user experience and pointless meddling with the design, which should the manufacturers job, must be much more important than just building a good OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.