Microsoft Advances Privacy-Enabling 'Homomorphic Encryption' For Analyzing Biomedical Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbannan

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015
Interesting. But pointless unless the organization takes a strategy that covers all the security bases -- not just one or two.

--KB

Karen Bannan, commenting on behalf of IDG and Dell

@lucian_armasu I could not find additional information on the "manual for homomorphic encryption for bioinformatics". The other stories I read were based on yours. Any pointers you can provide toward additional information? Thanks

If the encryption is now fast enough to handle in software that is interesting news indeed.

Can you elaborate on why a very specialized niche encryption like homomorphic encryption is pointless unless it covers all security bases? At one point HTTPS was considered an oddball niche also. Or perhaps I did not correctly understand your post.

Lucian Armasu

Contributing Writer
Sep 10, 2014
miravelli.ro
@tsnor There's a source link at the top. I'm not sure if you saw that. On that page there's a PDF link in the top right corner. That's Microsoft's paper on it. There's also a link in it for the code, but it's not live yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.