Microsoft and Razer May Bring Keyboard and Mouse to Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Are there any PS, XBOX or Nintendo exclusive games that I can't play on my PC? I don't think I ever thought "Hey I want to play that game but I can't since its exclusively on console

jimboraver77

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
actually i think this would be a great idea, i've spent alot of money on my pc, and sometimes i do wonder if its really worth all that extra cash over a xbox one or one x, i mean i pretty much just browse the net and play a few games. Could i really tell the difference in gfx quality if it wasnt a side by side comparison ??? I'm not so sure i could. I use an xbox controller for certain games on the PC anyway (rocket league, Fifa etc) but wouldn't dream of playing (Cod, Bf..., Pubg) with a controller. Hmmmm definitely something to think about, what do you guys and girls think ?

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I would much rather see them turn the Xbox into a fully functional Gaming PC/Xbox. It doesn't have to be up-gradable except maybe the storage. I would definitely pay more for it.

Rumor is they are going to have 3 different versions of the Xbox next gen, which IMO is a very bad idea.

punkncat

Distinguished
Ambassador
One of my biggest complaints with consoles and smart TV/"sticks" is the inability to use the wonderful interface of a keyboard and track pad. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to plug my Logitech right into my TV. I mean (technically) with screen cast you can 'kinda' get around it...but such an elegant control method. One of the reasons I STILL have an HTPC.....games well too.

Kridian

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2005
"Microsoft's notes also point out keyboards and mice could affect balance on multiplayer games." Annnd yes. It's the better choice for player movement period. And it's no longer a console when you add keyboard and mouse – it's a COMPUTER.

Don't settle for less. Build your gaming PC today!

Realist9

Reputable
May 31, 2014
This is good news, but only if game makers support mouse/kb in the controls.

We've all had crappy console port controls on PC, and it is a disaster.

But if the game makers include proper mouse/kb controls and the ability to custom map controls to any key/mouse button, and display those controls in game (looking at you Dark Souls 3) this could seriously change my attitude towards console gaming.

Jun 26, 2018

well the list of console exclusivities is so long, that it is a miracle you still think you can play everything on your PC
I guess it is time you come out of your cave

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY