Microsoft Awarded Patent for Foot Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

BA Barracus

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
"possibly putting pedal peripheral manufacturers out of business."

not likely. you want feed back. tension on the clutch, brake etc..

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
WOW! I've heard mythical stories at the tech bench about the old lady who called in to say that her foot pedal wasn't working and it turned out to be her mouse... looks like she will be happy to hear about this!

malikxaxu

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]Wow, I thought of this years ago, as I bet many of you did.[/citation]

Too bad you did not reduce it to practice. Simple abstract idea is not enough to obtain a patent in the U.S., you also have to be able to show reduction to practice in order to show invention. Once you do, you can then file for a patent.

RoadKillGrill

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgNXV_Ni-Q

Keep looking, I'm sure with a little more searching a demo of this can be found before this patent was made that fully implements what they claim.

US patent system is so broken, they don't even need a working model of the patent its utterly an idea with a lengthy amount of text stating sweet nothings.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]malikxaxu[/nom]Too bad you did not reduce it to practice. Simple abstract idea is not enough to obtain a patent in the U.S., you also have to be able to show reduction to practice in order to show invention. Once you do, you can then file for a patent.[/citation]
Some of the recent patents some companies have gotten approved say you are wrong about abstract ideas not being enough :)

1haplo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I love the stick drawing.... I guess you can kick your computer into gear.... Now wee will see posts "Every time I kick my computer I get a BSOD" or "When my girlfriend kicked my computer she deleted my file"

Just what we need stinky feet computing.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Another case of trying to fix interface problems that do not exist. All the the solutions they mention can be solved by already refined voice command tech.

I think I am going to start making blind and vague patents for usless stuff and maybe one day I'll get rich off it too.

daggs

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
where does the limit between walking and movement goes?
at this rate, we might get sued for simply walking in our home when that thing is on....

Status
Not open for further replies.