Microsoft Beats Apple In Tablet Satisfaction As Features, Design Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Though, there is one thing I was reminded of in these update times, something embarrassing Microsoft really need to fix. Installing Microsoft's own operating system on their own hardware is a pain in the ash.
Please, integrate touch support in the whole install process! That shouldn't be so hard to accomplish, there's after all touch support in the firmware/BIOS. Also, why keep the Surface drivers in a separate download on a page that looks like it was set up in the early 90's? It's your frigging operating system installer, Microsoft! \o/

I like the Surface Pro line, but it needs some serious polish. I say this from a P3, so maybe it's gotten better since then, but the thing hangs like nobody's business with a minimum of sw installed, and the hardware leaves a lot to be desired, such as the keyboard disconnecting.

It's certainly a unit I'd look at buying again if I went back in time, but I really think it needs to be more fleshed out for the price they ask.

Edit: Lots of downvotes, no responses. How about we stop with the fanboying and say why I'm wrong?

I've had surfaces since the SP2, I work around them regularly, and these are my observations. It's a nice unit, but it needs polish. Lots of nagging glitches and oversights on them.

ThatTechieGuy

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
Just don't get Microsoft devices for enterprise the support is awful. Have to ship it off because the local Microsoft stores do not support enterprise devices. May take up to a few months for a repair. Overall unsatisfied

Tech_TTT

Notable
Apr 4, 2017
I disagree . IOS tablets are more fun . for one reason , APPS made for Ipad will work fast enough within the limitations of the hardware .

Windows APPS are coded to work on faster CPU and faster GPU , for example , you will never find a cool 3D game to play on any Windows Tablet. While all 3D games are enjoyable on IPAD ...

If you want the tablet for emails , browsing and MS office , then maybe the windows tablet is better.

but for overall experience ? big no . IPAD is a Winner and even its touch digital pen is waaaay better than any MS digital pen.

watch this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_jByGG77K8

Well I'm not surprised MS tablet users tend to be very vocal about their pro MS tablet views. The problem I have is out of 100 people that ask about tablets only about 2-5 will take a quote on a MS Tablet. Most want anything but a MS tablet.

I'm not surprised the numbers have improved since Windows 10 is more popular than Windows 8 & 8.1 by 100 fold. I couldn't give away a MS tablet on the Windows 8 O/S unless it had a HUGE MASSIVE rebate. Still majority buy the Apples, then the other brands like Asus, Samsung, even Acer, MS is still the least asked for tablet brand and the hardest to sell. Apples just sell themselves. With MS Tablets you really have to talk about the specs of the unit and really push them.

Apples are just easier to use and less complex for the older segment and still a status for the very young segment. I was talking with a teacher from a local elementary school and I was surprised when he told me most of the students had iPhones, I asked him if Android models like the Samsung's were also popular. He said those are usually pass downs from the parents and the kids with them are not considered cool. Man that hurts, lol.

Love my Surface 3 4gb RAM, had iPads and the wife uses the latest iPad Mini. The Surface 3's broad functionality makes the iPad look very limited and a bit toy like to me. I would not even consider an iPad these days.

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
If you wish to get serious work done, use Laptop / PC.

If you wish to relax and enjoy, use tablet.

MS trying to merge all these, and makes the PC difficult to use, tablet too power hungry to be useful.

It makes sense that Surface owners would report greater satisfaction, since a larger portion of them use their device for its productivity features. A typical iPad owner, on the other hand, will be more interested in just using their device for media consumption. They might play some games on it, or check the news, or look at pictures of cats, but those are things they could be doing on their smartphone, which ultimately, an iPad is not much different from.

A Surface, on the other hand, does more things that a smartphone can't do well. It's more a laptop in a tablet format, whereas the iPad is more a smartphone in tablet form. Where one is a more portable version of a device with similar functionality, the other is bulkier than the device it functions most like. If someone's carrying around a smartphone, there simply isn't much need to bring an iPad with them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS