Microsoft Brings Xbox In-Game Streaming For Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirencall

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
BY additional components for game capture on the PS4 do you mean a PS4 controller. Last I checked I have been able to capture my in game footage and upload it to youtube for some time. At the least to some capacity since its launch. Are you intentionally being misleading?

Yes, I was slightly misinformed about this. I knew that the Xbox 1 and PS4 had the ability to record game footage already, but was under the impression this footage was locked onto the console and could only be really used on services provided by Microsoft and Sony respectively, so on this part I was a bit miss informed.

It still gives an edge allowing you to go ahead and send that data over to a PC or tablet and lets you play the game on those devices too, so that is still an improvement.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Nvidia has a clear advantage in price

Not if you already own a PC and an Xbox! I have no use for the Nvidia gear, already have a PC, and am considering picking up an Xbox One around Christmas if there's a good bundle with a 1TB model.

Still, there is an obvious downside to using this streaming service as opposed to dedicated hardware. Video footage consumes loads of bandwidth, and if you are playing online, you will likely see performance drops.

BS alert! Modern wired/wireless networks have gobs of bandwidth, if you're streaming from your XB1 to your PC you're not even relying on your internet, just the local network. If you're streaming outside your network to twitch or whatever, you'll need decent internet but that's nothing new.

buxxcador

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
I'm deeply annoyed by not being able to remove a ton of apps from Windows 10, the xbox ones included.

I do not have an Xbox, and his app runs in the background consuming resources and SSD space.

That's is unacceptable.

It will be nice and convenient to be able to play the Xbox quality games through a cheap laptop.

What would be really nice is to be able to take the superior PC-quality games from my gaming PC and stream those to the Xbox. I wonder why they don't even mention this capability on the horizon? Why won't we be able to stream both ways?

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
There is better thing. High Quality PC Games streaming through In Home Streaming option in Steam to cheap laptop. Some people don't even know XBOX One. I guess this is all just to promote XBOX One Gaming, there is nothing for PC here. Just to let you guys know that if your Video Card is not newer Nvidia or AMD your DXDIAG in Windows 10 will say Windows 8.2. DX12 is next big BS after DX10 fiasco with Vista.

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Nvidia has a clear advantage in price

Not if you already own a PC and an Xbox! I have no use for the Nvidia gear, already have a PC, and am considering picking up an Xbox One around Christmas if there's a good bundle with a 1TB model.

Still, there is an obvious downside to using this streaming service as opposed to dedicated hardware. Video footage consumes loads of bandwidth, and if you are playing online, you will likely see performance drops.

BS alert! Modern wired/wireless networks have gobs of bandwidth, if you're streaming from your XB1 to your PC you're not even relying on your internet, just the local network. If you're streaming outside your network to twitch or whatever, you'll need decent internet but that's nothing new.

Takes more bandwidth to stream games. Try it with steam. Wireless n won't give me more than 720p@60 :(

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Would love to see some performance reviews. I've heard some complaints that the xbox streaming is laggy, especially compared to other remote play options.

Let's see how this stacks up against steam's in-home streaming and the playstation tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.