News Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 22H2 App Failures After System Restore

Amdlova

Distinguished
Windows 11 is a newest version of windows me. Can't support that. Windows 10 is the last Microsoft system, before that is Linux or Mac os.
Google os is Maybe will be the new thing. (Maybe)

JamesJones44

Reputable
Jan 22, 2021
I have to 2nd what others have said here. Windows 11 has been a hot mess for me, especially if you do any kind of VM or ML work, lots and lots of issues. No issues with either in Windows 10 though. I check back every time they do a big update to 11, but it seems they don't want or can't address the issues because they haven't gotten any better.

Katana.lx

Reputable
Apr 3, 2019
Never once I made a system restore that works (in all version of windows)... in the end it's all format c:

ThatMouse

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
You need to use Windows Restore in order to roll back a release of Windows 11. So I rolled back to 21H2. I was having the nvidia stuttering issue on 22H2 and am afraid to take it. Now in version limbo.

TechieTwo

Notable
Oct 12, 2022
This is precisely why most businesses refuse to update to the latest version of Windows - because it always proves to be a very expensive disaster for small Biz as well as large corporations. It's outrageous and often criminal to release such defective products and updates. Microsoft may get away with this business model in the U.S. but not in every country.

USAFRet

Titan
As someone running both Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems...the people who stayed with Windows 10 dodged a bullet. 90% of our OS related issues are on Windows 11.
I have to 2nd what others have said here. Windows 11 has been a hot mess for me, especially if you do any kind of VM or ML work, lots and lots of issues. No issues with either in Windows 10 though. I check back every time they do a big update to 11, but it seems they don't want or can't address the issues because they haven't gotten any better.
While I only have 2 Win 11 systems (along with several Win 10)...neither of the Win 11 has had any issues since Day 1 of turning them on.
One built, one purchased (Surface 3 G0)

Problems happen with every OS update, in the history of ever. No matter what OS. Windows, Linux, Apple, etc, etc.

Of course companies take a much slower approach to mass upgrades. Any responsible enterprise does not just in to a new OS with both feet.

Problems we're seeing with WIn 11 are little different than what we saw with WIn 10 initially. Or 8. Or 7. Or XP.
Or any other OS.

Reactions: TJ Hooker