Microsoft Considered Buying Nintendo, Says EA Exec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Will Nintendo is about 1/4 to 1/3 the size of Microsoft so I wonder how this will work if they act on it now. 30 billion in cash and 55 billion in sotck?

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
What the hell? Microsoft considered that YEARS ago. Why did Tomshardware publish old news? This is like announcing the benchmarks for the new GeForce 5700...

G

Having the cheapest console has a lot more chance to make you number one rather than cartoon-like avatars.

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
Very true the cheapest console seems to be winning even if it is not the best one out there. People see the lower price & go hooyaa I'll take that one its got to be good its next gen too after all. NOTT!!

ajhen314

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
I guarantee that the average consumer is not thinking that the wii is bargain next gen. I would say that 75% of wii owners bought the console after trying it out and found the games like wii play, wii sports, and wii fit fun. *cough*casual gamer*cough*. And who is to say that it isn't the best one out there. Just because it is not the most powerful does not make it any less of a console unless you are a graphics whore which is sadly most "hardcore" gamers. Graphics should be second to storyline and gameplay but sadly the industry does not feel the same way. The quality of today's games are slipping because people are buying based on looks rather than what really matters. While there are exceptions they only serve to prove the rule. Rocky1234 you are part of the problem.

[citation][nom]JCORQIAN[/nom]How the hell is Nintendo about 1/4 to 1/3 the size of Microsoft? Do you have any idea how big Microsoft is?[/citation]

They are the largest software developer in the world. Thats how large.

So maye next we will see the Wii Box 360......

Actually it might not be such a bad move. It seems that Nintendo has moved from the normal gamer. They are not focusing on all aspects just some. Maybe this will bring a new console that is better and works good for everyone.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]JCORQIAN[/nom]How the hell is Nintendo about 1/4 to 1/3 the size of Microsoft? Do you have any idea how big Microsoft is?[/citation]

Nintendo
Revenue: 1.672 trillion Yen or $16.7 billion
Market cap: $85 billion

Microsoft
Revenue: 60.420 Billion
Market cap: 259.75 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.