Microsoft Could be Headed for the Cloud Under New Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukebe

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Exactly where the NSA wants your data: "the cloud". Ever notice how these two entities started around the same time?

DanDustEmOff

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
@sukebe "Exactly where the NSA wants your data: "the cloud". Ever notice how these two entities started around the same time?" Get a grip the NSA has little need to know your day to day actions. Wear uour tin foil hat and you should be fine.

DanDustEmOff

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
@sukebe "Exactly where the NSA wants your data: "the cloud". Ever notice how these two entities started around the same time?" Get a grip the NSA has little need to know your day to day actions. Wear uour tin foil hat and you should be fine.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Get a grip the NSA has little need to know your day to day actions. Wear uour tin foil hat and you should be fine.
When something as simple as Facebook has become a heavily-used tool in the field of background checking professionally and socially, you can easily add cloud storage as another tool against users with the original intent of helping them. I don't trust someone else or some other entity having my information and it is no longer local to only me. This has nothing to do with the tin-foil hat wearers and everything to do with history.and probability I'm not sure if this guy would be the perfect fit for a company with a track record that has looked unfavorably this long now. I wouldn't say Microsoft has become irrelevant, but too many product miscues and what has become an obvious culture of failed market products will take someone that really understands where this company is and where it needs to be. Usually promoting from within seems to be the best policy, but it would seem the best way to stem a culture slide like this would be to hire from the outside to change that formula.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Just when you thought that it could not get any more terrible than "Metro". Microsoft present you the CLOUDDDDDD.

They seriously need to stop calling everything cloud... just call it tech from the 80s.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Nadella is definitely a better choice than those alternatives listed. If it was Elop I would think in 5 years we will be talking about how Microsoft used to have 90% of the desktop market.

Status
Not open for further replies.