Microsoft Debuts Lumia 640 And 640 XL Midrange Smartphones, Snappy Foldable Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Now where is the Lumia 640 XS when you need it... I'd much rather have a 4" phone than a 5" one. The previous 4.5" one was already pushing it for me.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Now where is the Lumia 640 XS when you need it... I'd much rather have a 4" phone than a 5" one. The previous 4.5" one was already pushing it for me.
I used to feel this way too but as I became acclimated to a ~4.5" device I now find it's merely adequate. I find myself headed for a 5" device next upgrade.

Anyway the specs seem decent and the phones look like nice mid-range models. The article should mention that the smaller one definitely has an LED flash like it's sibling, even if it doesn't get the better (and larger) camera/lens combo. Also the 640 says the battery is removable, I assume that applies to the XL as well? Both come with larger stock batteries than I would have expected out of mid-range Lumias. These models of SoCs/displays don't generally eat up as much power as high-end models so battery life should be good. Even so, being user-replaceable is great and opens the door for upgraded capacities for those who crave it.

As for the keyboard I really like that it works with all the popular devices. Also, very neat that it can connect to two devices at once and switch between them with the tap of a button.

__Miguel_

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Just signing in to chime in about the 1TB OneDrive space offer.

Unless they changed the subscription model specifically for these two models (I'm assuming the offer is for both of them, right?), the 1TB OneDrive space offer should only be valid for one year.

That space is actually part of the Office 365 Personal subscription, something that I've been seeing in a few Windows 8 tablets and notebooks, too. Take a look over at https://products.office.com/en-us/office-365-personal for the complete info.

Status
Not open for further replies.