Microsoft Demos 3D Printing with Windows 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Neat, and a handy addition for some, but I'll chalk it up to one of those things that I really don't care about myself. Though, be careful if you want to use your 3D Printer to make anything that gets banned - like guns, probably... MS is complicit with government authorities, so, may bite you in the arse.

(side note: Google, Apple, Facebook, etc etc, all in the same boat - MS ain't above it though, for all of their "scroogled" ads they are not defenders of privacy in computing)

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
When you think about it, it makes sense. Just like support for pen and injet plotters. Consumers are moving away from windows but ratio of professionals to consumers is rising.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
$1300 isn't that bad of a price. Many nice laser printers cost more then that. It could save money if used right such as replacing broken items that usually cost lots like some trimming on your car or whatnot.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
i wait for prices to drop below $1000 and the tech to get better and faster.

then i'll get one and start printing a collection of cars, action figures, lego blocks, skull rings, clip-on watches/bracelets, mouse pad, cable organizer, fake fangs, wolverine claws, thor's hammer....the possibility is endless. :)

G

Fedora Linux has had full 3D printing since its 19th release already...

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Great support for 3d printings. How about they get behind some innovations such as printing circuit boards in these printers so we can really design useful stuff. Sure its hard, but its worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.