Microsoft Details Windows 10 Creators Update Rollout

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

MS Beta OS relies on people to try and see what happens...what a joke.

G

Before claiming that there is performance boost from Game Mode, please test it yourself. I tested the crap out of it and Game Mode doesn't do a squat. If it even does something must be specific. In fact there is no gaming performance boost with Windows 10 compared to Windows 7 at all.

It has a lot to do with your hardware it will only help on very low end hardware that is strapped for resources all it does is just free up memory resources and disable tasks to have more hardware resources available but if you have gtx 1080 it wont do squat.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
@FREAK777POWER did you even bother to understand what is the Insider program on MS ? Or do you like to mindless bash everything, if you`re so smart why don`t you start a company?

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
@FREAK777POWER The Game Mode can't upgrade your hardware. If you think that, you should probably stop taking part in things like Insider Preview programs and beta tests. It reduces software priority issues, which can be caused by a million things. It'll save a lot of gamers from spending hours or days on chasing down root causes for various performance issues.

USAFRet

Titan

You do know....that is the actual definition of 'beta'. Right?
You are aware of this?

And that the Insider program is specifically targeted at people who wish to use, evaluate, and report on 'beta' releases.
You do know this, right?

alextheblue

Distinguished
"That's... a little vague. But it's more definitive than the time frame offered to anyone waiting for the Creators Update on Windows Phone. That isn't going to roll out until April 25, and Microsoft carefully noted that "update availability may vary by manufacturer, model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, specific installed software, hardware limitations and other factors such as feedback from customers." How reassuring!"

1) Staggered rollouts are normal. They often stagger major releases regardless of whether you're talking about PCs, phones, or a console. Not news.

2) They're covering their butts, in cases of factors outside of their control, or if they run into issues. If there's a delay... it's software, man. Think of it like game development, but bigger and more vital to your system.

With that in mind, they've said the same things in past updates and I've never had an issue bypassing my carrier and getting the update around the release date.

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

Misleading. If you look at neowin's report, there is performance increase for less powerful systems. More powerful, like those on P67/Z68/X79 and up see little impact if they run a high end i5 or i7 processor. It does show gains if you use a lower end i5 or i3 like you might fine in a cheap pre-built desktop or notebook.

To the point about comparing Windows 7 gaming vs Windows 10, yes in most games 7 is fine. In most games 10 is fine. But if that game is DX12, you are obsolete on Win 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.