Microsoft Dismisses Talk of Cheaper Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I still have an Xbox 360, and running pretty damn well. Maybe my next console would be kinda Steambox configuration so I can run high end games with considerable and cheaper components, and whats good it is a PC platform, Leap Motion's similar motion sensor like Kinect, is just around the corner... ;)

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
If they were to announce it now, they would have a ton of people who decide to hold off instead of buying one this year. You could buy a PS4, though, and save that money right now.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
If you want a ps4 go buy it... if someone wants an xbox one, leave them alone. If it bothers you so much go buy them a ps4 with your own money or STFU.

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
If you want a ps4 go buy it... if someone wants an xbox one, leave them alone. If it bothers you so much go buy them a ps4 with your own money or STFU.
People can purchase whatever they want. It was meant to be light-hearted. You should probably think about relaxing a little, though.

May 2, 2013
Well they won't bloody well confirm a price drop that will come later in the year now will they? There is a shocker.I still say remove the Kinect camera and build the microphone into the box,to retain voice control. Don't lose the blu ray drive or half the appeal as a home entertainment device will be gone.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Making a cheaper model missing built in hardware is a mistake in my eyes. When a developer, a year down the road, decides to make a game that requires a large storage medium and half the XBOX's out there don't have it, that's not a good thing.

Granted they did do it with the hard drives last gen, but at least there was a cheap universal device you could get to act in place of it. Not so for a massive, massive game.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Welcome to the end of consoles or at least a 75% cut in userbase. This overpriced upgrade gives you a mediocre powered PC without a keyboard and mouse (for both PS4 and XBONE), without any option to upgrade the GPU. Streaming is the future and even an OUYA has OnLive / streaming capabilities running games better looking than 360 and PS3.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
All Consoles get bigger Hard Drives every year they Exist, been that way sinceat least 2005. Just think if we all were still stuck with 64 Megs of memory.

XGrabMyY

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
They won't remove the Kinect from the console. The only way developers will support the Kinect is if every consumer has one. That is fact. Sony and Microsoft know this well via their failed add-ons last generation.If you want it supported and used in games in a significant fulfilling way it needs to be bundled with the console. Otherwise you'll only get niche gimmicky support. Bundling in the Kinect was the smartest thing Microsoft did with the Xbox One.As someone who was on the show floor last June at E3, the Kinect 2.0 was the most impressive showing besides the Oculus Rift 1080p. Nearly every single developer there agreed as well. Just because the crummy blogger crowd who runs the gaming media didn't like it doesn't mean it didn't charm the pants off of every mover and shaker.

xenol

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Impressive showcasing doesn't mean it'll be practical for wide spread use.Besides that the Kinect and PS Eye have the issue of being too niche with little use outside of what it's useful for. Other peripherals (like force feedback and analog thumbsticks) introduced over time were gradually introduced before becoming a standard.Yes, some of the features of the Kinect are nice, but how much of those features are actually useful or practical in a gaming environment? So far all I've seen the Kinect useful for is convenience that tries to solve a problem that wasn't there.

btrach

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Well this isn't surprising. If they didn't deny it then sells would drop till they dropped the price. Everyone would hold out for the price drop. Needless to say I imagine we will see a price drop this holiday season!

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Removing the BD would be a stupid idea for a price drop. That would pretty much seal the fate for the Xbone Lol.Even with Kinect the justification for the $100 is already extremely questionable especially when you take into consideration how much more powerful the hardware of the PS4 is. I understand that Microsoft would take a loss for each console reducing the price leaving the system as is I just think that they made a stupid decision to gimp the GPU+RAM, add expensive Esram with questionable benefits, and force the Kinect that basically nobody wanted down the throats of gamers.

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Removing the BD would be a stupid idea for a price drop. That would pretty much seal the fate for the Xbone Lol.Even with Kinect the justification for the $100 is already extremely questionable especially when you take into consideration how much more powerful the hardware of the PS4 is. I understand that Microsoft would take a loss for each console reducing the price leaving the system as is I just think that they made a stupid decision to gimp the GPU+RAM, add expensive Esram with questionable benefits, and force the Kinect that basically nobody wanted down the throats of gamers.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Bone that woman bill gates, hell let us all bone her. blue ray drives suck, on xbone, region region locked. but your boners so large we can play region free. so sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.