[SOLVED] Microsoft edge update still in task manager

Solution
It's normal for the new Edge. It is run from a Scheduled Task. For me it's run about 9:45pm every day. It seems to come and go (load and unload) on my system.

It's probably located in the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\

gardenman

Splendid
It's normal for the new Edge. It is run from a Scheduled Task. For me it's run about 9:45pm every day. It seems to come and go (load and unload) on my system.

Reactions: Nonkii
Solution

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019

I see. Is there a way to disable/uninstall it?

gardenman

Splendid
The update only appears to be started by the scheduled tasks. I assume you could disable the two tasks in Task Scheduler however each time you run the new Edge it might be re-enabled. Also you might be disabling important Edge security updates.

8JHmGuk.jpg

The task seems to use little RAM (.5MB in your screen shot) and little CPU resources. I'd leave it alone.

Reactions: Nonkii

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
The update only appears to be started by the scheduled tasks. I assume you could disable the two tasks in Task Scheduler however each time you run the new Edge it might be re-enabled. Also you might be disabling important Edge security updates.

8JHmGuk.jpg

The task seems to use little RAM (.5MB in your screen shot) and little CPU resources. I'd leave it alone.
Sorry for late response. Thank you for letting me know. I'll look in task scheduler later today.

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019

8JHmGuk.jpg

Alright. Found it on task scheduler. What type of security vulnerabilities would I have? Would it be for my whole system or jut microsoft edge? I personally hate Microsoft edge. I use firefox as my primary browser.

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
I wouldn't know. All browsers have vulnerabilities. Some affect only the browser, others affect the whole system. I think only the ones trying to hack into and damage systems would know such info.

I would set Firefox as your default browser, ignore the Edge update and leave it running.
Yup. Found out it just leaves after 30 mins. Firefox is already my prumary browser. Thanks!

Reactions: gardenman