Microsoft Ending Windows 10 Mobile Support, Encourages Switch to iOS, Android

s1mon7

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
Such a waste of Nokia tech. I wish that company never went that way, and that they were never purchased by Microsoft. I miss their phones. On the software side, that's just another failed project for Microsoft. In the mobile industry and as customers, we lost a major innovator.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
Super sad I will have to shelve my Lumia 950 XL. Now the choice is between a closed garden and a telemarketer. I felt Windows Mobile was always the superior of the OSes.

firekraker

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Was my favorite mobile O/S but sadly the lack of support killed it for me. Sadly on the IOS side of things and truly miss the O/S.

Geef

Distinguished
I wonder why Microsoft doesn't just make a full version of Windows 10 Home or Pro on a phone, no need to do updates for it specifically just let it grab what it needs from normal windows update. Its not like phones nowadays can't process the entire OS or not have space for it?

Jan 21, 2019
As MIHEN said: "Super sad I will have to shelve my Lumia 950 XL. Now the choice is between a closed garden and a telemarketer. I felt Windows Mobile was always the superior of the OSes." I was forced to change from Lumia 950 XL to Android cause my phone got broken. Windows10 mobile was a lot better than Android. This unreal that such a company as Microsoft can't keep windows10 mobile alive and healthy...