Microsoft Gets NSA Approval For Windows 10 And Surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmedatguy

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016
This is good news for me, I work for a gov't agency and it can be frustrating being stuck on Windows 7 when you order new hardware and they have to downgrade the OS, or you're trying to work with VR and other emerging tech that works better with Windows 10

popatim

Titan

Spying aside, I hope none of our users/readers forget that this is only a small step in securing your pc.

NeTwizArD

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
Yeah but... Microsoft and the NSA are in bed together, of course its going to be NSA approved - all the more for the NSA and other agencies to spy on windows users.

I mean lets face it, who in their right mind would use an operating system so infested with viruses, malware and spy bots to name just a few and 'trust' it to be oh so secure for home use, networking and of course.. business?? I wouldn't?

Due to microsoft's wonderful operating system it cost me over 2TB of data lost all because when you log into your windows account on system the hard drive keeps on reading continually and never stops for a good ten minutes or more... that over time degrades your hard drive. I said good bye to windows and a wonderful hello to Linux, none of the problems you get with windows and just pure speed and reliability.

When it comes to updating no problem, just update and carry on - none of this crap having to restart and wait in the excess of twenty minutes just so that your system can update... Microsoft, the NSA and other agencies suck all because they want to be in bed with the big corporate giant Microshaft (soft).

alextheblue

Distinguished
You have a better chance of being spied on by your smart TV or smartphone.

Hardware encryption?

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
haha cleared ! yeah cleared for being offline, but then again any garbage os that steal your info can be run offline,

classified information is ran on offline machines and grounded into those EMF cases so not sure why anyone would need that garbage windows 10 os !

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
not sure what NSA approval means since they them self inject shit code into Windows , they were a few articles on the web catching them inserting backdoors and spy routines into the OS

and on a second note NSA has the full source code of Windows 10 so why give it a seal of approval ??? sounds stupid to me !

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
This means nothing...
Just because the NSA is gonna use it does not mean that it comes with some certification/seal of approval/etc...
It just means that someone, somewhere, in some office that we will never see decided to go ahead and make a purchase order.
And it also probably means that microsoft hit the "magic number" on the lobbying money..

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012

What you don't run an Ad-blocker?

You know you are more likely to get infected with malware, a virus, or ransomware via Ads then you are downloading infected programs.

The ads still get past ABP with a bunch of list subscriptions.

Flame_Runner_Fast

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
+VELICITYG4 Then ditch ad block plus for ad block (yes the names are confusing). Then you can block any popup on the website (except for some that require you to block more data or else it pops up again).

See those annoying videos on Tomshardware? I don't have to view them anymore! Just know ad block doesn't work on Firefox...

dcvikes

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I suppose it was important that it was cleared for classified use I can only imagine the super rough process that the OS went though to qualify to that extent to have alphabet approval. I am also excited that the blog post writer was excited!

Kevin OConnor

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
this stuff is for people who are "legally required to use NSA approved devices even though they know they are hacked to a fair thee well"

Bet none of them actually use the stuff at home.

Waiver List
NSA’s Commercial Solutions for Classified Programs
trump-Abe_NK-BM_01.jpg

[snicker]

Status
Not open for further replies.