Microsoft Giving Away Custom MacBook Pros

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]Ehh, I'll pass it up, just simply because there's no way in hell a hip and trendy mac book is going to tempt me into making a twitter account.[/citation]

Ditto. Is there no other way to enter?

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
It would be nicer if it was also preloaded with Win 7 Ultimate and Office 2010 Ultimate in Boot Camp, and came with a nice 8GB of RAM and an SSD, but I'll take one anyway. Of course, not gonna use twitter to sign up, so I'm looking elsewhere for entry rules...

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
The paint colours are horrible. I'll take one though, repaint it charcoal black, remove the MS infestation from the hard drive and be happy.

noneedformonkeys

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
A mac that stands out from its (silver, white, black) sterile siblings? Nice.

Microsoft really is an enterprise class software company, all of the macs in my workplace (including my macbook pro) have MSoffice for mac on them, this giveaway configuration is not a shock to working professionals.

**Regulas**, just sell it for a premium instead of re-conforming it to look like the other apple sheep.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Bootcamp Windows 7, runs MS Office, free.

Just about covers all the bases for Mac haters as they don't have to run OSX, get the benefit of quality hardware, and don't have to pay extortionate money to own it.

Shame its ugly as sin, but if Dell can get away with those multi-coloured piles of poo it has, then who am I to argue?

ant1-b0dy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
haha I find this quite funny. I wonder what the new "Get A Mac" commercials will say now. I believe this is the first step in an alliance to kick Google out of it's place.

G-Systems

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]branson[/nom]Microsoft just wants to spy on the Apple users via webcam.[/citation]

I would've just lol'd at this comment three days ago...but after seeing what the Lower Merion School District in Philadelphia did to their high-schoolers...anything is possible...

G-Systems

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]ant1-b0dy[/nom]haha I find this quite funny. I wonder what the new "Get A Mac" commercials will say now. I believe this is the first step in an alliance to kick Google out of it's place.[/citation]

I think that was the point of Bing... I like Bing, but Google has infiltrated my mind and enslaved my keystrokes to type www.google.com when I need to find out info... Not to mention the reality that it's still the fastest, most simple interface for searching.

If MS could somehow put forth a rootkit that would redirect "www.google.com" to "www.bing.com"...then we may see the fall of Google soon enough...or a serious mental breakdown for many people across the land...lol

G

But what they forgot to say is that Microsoft's interpretation of "Office for Mac" is "Office for Windows 7 installed on Mac hardware". Who's to say the MacBook Pros will still be running MacOS after they've been "configured" by Microsoft? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.