Microsoft Investigating Windows Phone 8 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Ouch, hopefully MS can resolve this bug. Wonder what the percentage of users affected is? Prolly small number but bad press is bad press.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
I'm sure that's a Skype issue if you start comparing it with the poor port we have on Android. Can't even stay on a video call for more than 40 seconds and it drops (same on 'audio only'). Also after a while connected it will crash on it's own without warning. Never had a reboot because of Skype tho.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Ouch, hopefully MS can resolve this bug. Wonder what the percentage of users affected is? Prolly small number but bad press is bad press.[/citation]

Well, they are going through major release growing pains. Every major player has gone through it - this includes Android, iOS, the old windows mobile, Blackberry, etc.

You are right though, bad press is bad press.

"HTC and Nokia users seem to be the main victims"

... Really? Among all of the other WP8 devices available on the market those are the ONLY TWO affected?!?!?!

Toms... As a whole, the site is going back to the dark days of 2010-11 where you guys are just drooping the ball on content and spell/grammar check

This is one of the main reasons why I have not jumped on board with WP8 yet.
1) Let other people find the bugs and fixes before you jump in (especially as this would be my first smartphone device)
2) no flagships available for T-Mo yet
3) the price and feature set of the SGS3 looks more and more fantastic the longer I look at phones... and with the SGS4 coming 'soon' I am starting to wonder if I should not just bide my time on my purchase. Granted from a usability perspective I would much rather have WP8 than Android.

kdw75

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Wow! Another buggy product from Microsoft. Is anyone actually surprised? When your company tries to crush competition rather than improve and innovate I guess you can't expect to get anything better than this.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
My HTC windows 8X phone is freaking awesome. The more choice the consumer gets the better. Windows 8 is a great mobile platform to compete with android and iOS.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]"HTC and Nokia users seem to be the main victims"... Really? Among all of the other WP8 devices available on the market those are the ONLY TWO affected?!?!?!Toms... As a whole, the site is going back to the dark days of 2010-11 where you guys are just drooping the ball on content and spell/grammar check[/citation]
How do you droop the ball? LOL Sorry. Someone had to point it out in light of your accusation.

G

Staying as far from it as possible. Win 7 is staying on my PC for the foreseeable future.

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
win8 phones are expensive...

they offer you dual core cpu , adreno 225 GPU , 1G of Ram only , and price it at 600-700$

while such specs are in the 300$ range of ANY Phone today.

the Iphone gives you Superior Graphics 4x the speed of adreno 225 ..

the Android gives you more Ram (2g) , 4 cores , and better GPU (adreno 325 or Mali T601) ..

so I dont know what MS is expecting?

untill some one makes a comparable in specs Win8 phone , I am not buying at all.

I hope they do.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Staying as far from it as possible. Win 7 is staying on my PC for the foreseeable future.[/citation]

I didn't know Windows Phone 8 was for desktop computers....

G

Damn! M$ has been so focused on shoving a tablet/phone UI down the throats of desktop users, that do not want or need it, that they are having problems getting it to function properly on the phones it was originally supposed to be designed for! The Metro/Modern fiasco just keeps getting more bizarre!

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]goldeknob[/nom]I'm going on 2 days without charging my nokia 920. I think the battery life is great compared to the 900.[/citation]

I am going for a week without charging my 3 years old Nokia 5800 :)

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]kellybean[/nom]Crappy phone OS and Crappy new PC OS, way to go MS.[/citation]

This is Microsoft... they've always made crappy OSes... I guess only paid PR people write good about them in the Internet forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.