Microsoft Killing Desktop Gadgets in Windows 8?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Oh, Microsoft finally figured out that Live Tiles are exactly like desktop gadgets?Yeah, they're doing everything they can to push users to Metro, where they decide which apps can be offered, where they get a 30% cut on all sales and revenue from ad-supported apps. All that is worth to them more than all the users who hate Metro. That's why they're forcing an inferior UI (for PCs) with inferior capabilities and inferior (or non-existent) software.Windows 7 will be supported until 2020, and I'll probably be using it until then.[/citation]LOL i'll be using it well past then probably

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Windows 8 will be craptacular fail!

Seriously, Windows 8 is scary *if* there is no Windows7 option... otherwise, its going to be funny as hell watching all these pissed off OEMs dealing with screaming customers and returns for unusable PCs.

Now is a good time to sell of MS stock and buy some Apple stock.

G

omg stop hating on this amazing, fluid and fast software.
now with touch you can have all your requirements plus much more and your luck can be perfect!
live content on the desktop is nice.

so if you dont have good thing to way, dont say anything. thats my opinion.

and no forget mark as answer and thank for input

Status
Not open for further replies.