Microsoft Launches New Music, Video Apps For Windows 10 Technical Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a good idea to get rid of Xbox branding when it comes to the video and audio apps.

I know many a girlfriend/spouse/significant other resentful of their male counterpart's time spent with their Xbox console.

As a result, Xbox branding takes away potential sales to a very large demographic (i.e. females).

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
As for me, I just hope they have better interop with programs like VLC - it would be nice to have a "play all" option in my music folder that wasn't entirely reliant upon WMP.
That is not Microsoft's problem. They are not going to put support for a third-party program into their flagship Modern UI applications in the real world.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Bring back the Zune software, please! It was excellent. All it needs is an AAC ripping codec. I don't care if you change the name, just please bring it back.
Ripping? Oh you must be talking about those weird round shiny coasters I used to see at uni students houses under all the cups about 10 years ago. I was told at the time they used to be used in computers throughout the 90's though I'm too old to remember that far back now.
I haven't had the means to use a CD in my house since before 2008 and probably longer, I just can't remember exactly when I got rid of my last CDdrive.

It's not their obligation, but it is their problem (a very expensive one, if I recall correctly)
I don't want to use WMP, I want to use VLC. I want it so they open something like the "play all" button up in Windows explorer to work on the basis of your file associations, not just blindly go to WMP.

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
So, you no more have the chance to buy a clean OEM Windows disk to get rid of all the addware, because Microspyware is too clingy, and want to clutter your windows with third class garbage.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
All i'm asking for from the music app is the ability add podcasts to it like winamp and itunes.I like to use as few third part apps to get things done as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.