Microsoft May Talk About Windows Gaming In January

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
How about waiting for the damn thing to come to market before anybody goes crazy about how well will DX12 do or w/e And if it wasn`t for Mantle we wouldn`t see DX 12 :)

marciocattini

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Some of you guys seem to forget that the Xbox One uses Direct X 11 and that Direct X 12 may bring parity with the PS4 allowing developers to code on enhanced hardware support like mantle.

I don't see what Microsoft could do to improve the gaming experience...

1) They just shut down GFWL. If the plan was to do that in a bigger, better way then why bother as we have Steam? Also, if that was the plan they should have kept GFWL then ported accounts over to the new version.

2) Controller support like Steam's Big Picture?
I doubt it since they are taking a step back and dropping the START SCREEN now. W10 will have a native desktop, Start Menu and what we have on the Start Screen will be in the Start Menu now.

3) um...

Seriously what opportunities even exist? About the only thing I can think of is to copy Valve's approach with Steam.

Is this a knee jerk reaction to the threat of STEAM MACHINES which won't use Windows? I bet it is.

delellod123

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
" The company closed its Games for Windows Marketplace back in August 2013, forcing PC gamers to get their fix on Steam and other digital distribution platforms."

I didn't even know, nor care that Games for Windows Marketplace ever existed in the first place. I never used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.