Microsoft Posts Q1 Earnings Ahead of Windows 8 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
"Operating income and net income were $4.47 billion and $0.53"

MS only made 53 cents this quarter? Man people REALLY don't want windows 8.

G

you think microsoft earnings are bad now

wait til they release windows 8

G

net income went down 22% to 4.47 billion (or 0.53USD per share) from 5.7 billion last year (or 0.68USD per share)

G

looks like the spammers are up early this morning. must be bored ;)

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Who is spamming? Windows 8 will burn and rash, no doubt about that one. MS screwed themselves with that horrible UI. It looks pretty at first but is not good for getting down to work at your 8hr a day job. Who thinks employers want a lame start screen full of time wasting internet activities? They should have a pro and consumer version. Make the consumer version made of tinker toys for all I care.

ejb222

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]Who is spamming? Windows 8 will burn and rash, no doubt about that one. MS screwed themselves with that horrible UI. It looks pretty at first but is not good for getting down to work at your 8hr a day job. Who thinks employers want a lame start screen full of time wasting internet activities? They should have a pro and consumer version. Make the consumer version made of tinker toys for all I care.[/citation]
Dude, on what basis are your suppositions made? You seriously think because your opinion is not favorable that every business agrees? Funny thing is So many OEMS have already produced a ton hardware for this. They are already out in stores. Business have already preordered hardware and software. Unfortunately the fact of the matter is your opinion is really based on taste, not any real world numbers or facts. Give me some fact behind the statement that it will crash and burn. Fact is you can't So YES you are spamming. Now if you said, you don't like it and will hold out on buying it. Then who can argue with you. But too imply that the WORLD agrees with you and MS is going to flop on this is truely unfounded. The real test to your Trollness, is if you reply to this comment with an actual explaination. But my guess is you're going to downvote and come up with some 3rd grade comeback that is somehow supposted to prove your and adult with an informed opinion.

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I don't understand Why so many people say trash about Microsoft and only complain about their UI. As we know the Microsoft software ecosystem there will be apps for disabling windows 8 UI and go directly to Desktop mode within hours of windows 8 launch. So stop complaining about the UI and argue on some real factors

zloginet

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
[citation][nom]ejb222[/nom]Dude, on what basis are your suppositions made? You seriously think because your opinion is not favorable that every business agrees? Funny thing is So many OEMS have already produced a ton hardware for this. They are already out in stores. Business have already preordered hardware and software. Unfortunately the fact of the matter is your opinion is really based on taste, not any real world numbers or facts. Give me some fact behind the statement that it will crash and burn. Fact is you can't So YES you are spamming. Now if you said, you don't like it and will hold out on buying it. Then who can argue with you. But too imply that the WORLD agrees with you and MS is going to flop on this is truely unfounded. The real test to your Trollness, is if you reply to this comment with an actual explaination. But my guess is you're going to downvote and come up with some 3rd grade comeback that is somehow supposted to prove your and adult with an informed opinion.[/citation]
[citation][nom]ejb222[/nom]Dude, on what basis are your suppositions made? You seriously think because your opinion is not favorable that every business agrees? Funny thing is So many OEMS have already produced a ton hardware for this. They are already out in stores. Business have already preordered hardware and software. Unfortunately the fact of the matter is your opinion is really based on taste, not any real world numbers or facts. Give me some fact behind the statement that it will crash and burn. Fact is you can't So YES you are spamming. Now if you said, you don't like it and will hold out on buying it. Then who can argue with you. But too imply that the WORLD agrees with you and MS is going to flop on this is truely unfounded. The real test to your Trollness, is if you reply to this comment with an actual explaination. But my guess is you're going to downvote and come up with some 3rd grade comeback that is somehow supposted to prove your and adult with an informed opinion.[/citation]

Sadly, you could of made that paragraph one sentence because you typed the same thing over and over and over again.

G

Yes ejb222, the win8 for desktop WILL crash and burn! You can write that down. Business is not buying it...thats BS. Some are atracted to it beocuse of the low price and will drop it as soon as they realize their error. Why do you think M$ has slushed its prices down so radicly? they haved lerned just how bad the reaction to it was so they are willing to sell for low price untill adoption of it rises and trhen they can go back to high prices for win9 which is probobly going to be fully or almost fully cloud based so they have access to your privete data to which you will give them the permission by just installing it.......nvm the access your and other govermants will have to the data fot it being online. NO THX

Status
Not open for further replies.