Microsoft Pulls Plug on Windows 7 Family Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

toorudez

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2002
Big deal. Why wasn't a family pack of standard installs offered? That I would've gladly bought. With this family pack, I'd have to buy Vista, then upgrade to Win7? End up costing around $1100 to use all 3 licenses.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
This is disappointing to say the least. I just finished a build for my parents, and I'm planning a new one for myself in January. I even had everything on a wishlist... :( What an utter fail this is.

hannibal

Distinguished
Too good deal to customers I supose... This is the worst part of having monopoly in OS front...
I really hope that they would not cut this family pack deal. It was a good option to any family with many computers.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Apple still and will keep OS X Family packs. I do not have a Apple computer right now but did have one for years, wrote my second book on a old Powerbook G4, use Linux now.
OS X is the best consumer OS out there. The ease of use, better than Windows. Then you have the safety and security of Unix/Linux.
Now flame me MS Fanboys, I can take it for I speak truth.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
My advice, don't be too hasty. Who knows what's cooking, maybe MS just lowers the price all together? I have 5 PCs, and would like to upgrade them all. Or maybe just 2 PCs. Or, how about an increasing percentage discount for each additional license sold? That would even make more sense.

The news graps for stories and the reporting is like tabloids these days. All sensational rap really.

Jenoin

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
You don't have the safety or security of Unix/Linux... are you quoting some other idiot, or did you make that up yourself?

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I'm glad I jumped on it when I did; this really sucks though. I knew a few people that were going to buy the family pack per my advice, and now they are S.O.L.
It was the same thing with the $49.99 home premium upgrade preorder sale that lasted, what, a week? B.S.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
This was an UPGRADE Pack. Meaning you HAD TO HAVE VISTA for it to work.

Bad move by MS? Not really considering people are desperate to jump off Vista anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.