Microsoft Releases Internet Explorer 10 Preview

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

IE9 sucks... can't even play Cityville without crashing or lagging....
I'm starting to doubt all those flash benchmarks....

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]IE 10? GEEZ! The IT guys at the office just migrated to IE 8 two months ago![/citation]

Then the IT guys are behind. Honestly, if IT is that slow, they should be drawn and quartered. Your IT staff should be at the pace of the IT industry. That goes for any IT department that is still deploying XP. XP is 10 year old software, and was meant for a different security mindset (that is, a total lack of one).

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
“The only native experience of HTML5 on the Web today is on Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 9,” Hachamovitch said. “With Internet Explorer 9, websites can take advantage of the power of modern hardware and a modern operating system and deliver experiences that were not possible a year ago. Internet Explorer 10 will push the boundaries of what developers can do on the Web even further.”
I just threw up in my mouth...

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
"Internet Explorer 10 will push the boundaries of what developers can do on the Web even further."

I hope it's by actually following standards and not making up IE-only commands like previous IE browsers. Using CSS to center pages was easy enough on FF, Opera, Safari, and Chrome, but just for IE you had to insert additional code. I refused to design my website around the non-standard browsing experience.

universalremonster

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Seems like everyone is following Apple down the "release a new version of the same product every year and add 1 or 2 new features to try and sell it to the zombie masses who won't even use half of the original features in the previous version to begin with" philosophy.

yea... except that IE is a free download so they aren't trying to sell anyone anything...but good try

gwb56

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
IE 10 is for Win7 only. That leaves me out with having Vista. Even more frustrating is the fact that there is still a Flash Player issue which Adobe hasn't fully caught up to in IE 9. Many IE 9 users are turning off important security functions in IE 9_32 bit (Adobe forums state that given the complexities of the 64 bit version of IE 9, there will be considerable time needed to develop a Flash Player version that will work with the 64 bit IE 9) to resolve the issue, such as disabling Active X filtering, though that technique doesn't work for myself and many others as well. I'm sick of the whole bit! So much, now, that, even if I had Win7 I wouldn't use IE. Hell, I already have Firefox, Opera and Safari installed! Will try out Chrome after my post.
Cheers...gwb56

kanape

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
hurray now we (web developers) will have to test on 5 different IE browsers which works differently. Please IE just die already!

G

See how you can download the free version of IE10
Download free internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.