Microsoft Releases New Windows 10 Preview Builds, Limits Creators Update For Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a surprise. At this point MS is clearly winding down the phone side of things. Unless they decide to give it one more try with the rumored Surface Phone I think its safe to say they'll stop supporting them entirely within a years time.

To bad really I've liked all the Windows Phones I've had. Their only real problem was the app gap and the fact that they kept chasing iPhone and Android instead of just taking over Blackberry's old position as the defacto corporate/government phone.

alextheblue

Distinguished
As long as AU devices still run the same UWP apps in the store, this isn't as big of a deal as missing out on the 8.x to W10M update. With that being said they really need either a first party or partner phone on the level of the HP Elite X3... on Verizon.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Just get more apps to W10M or make a real W10 Launcher for Android so I have an upgrade option for my family members that will keep them in the same straight forward environment. AND Yay! for 640 support!

alextheblue

Distinguished

Unlikely.

They are trying to make it as easy as possible to develop/port to UWP but they still need the developers to actually port their apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.