Microsoft Reveals End Date For Win7RC Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn4re

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
[citation][nom]antemon[/nom]wait, I thought the reboot thing was going to take effect NEXT YEAR![/citation]

next year for the RC, next week for the beta.

perpetual98

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
Is the MS download still an older version? Wait, I just checked. It's still 7100. Are there "official" versions of 7200 (or 7260 or whatever they're up to) that are available without having to torrent them?

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]B-Unit[/nom]Probably for members of TechNet etc. The general public is stuck with 7100.[/citation]
Technet subscribers are also only getting the official 7100 release, which works fine for me. I'll still be able to download the retail version as soon as it's released.

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]akoegle[/nom]Title should read Windows 7 Beta, Not RC.[/citation]

It should, if it were talking about Windows 7 Beta. It's talking about RC, and how that will no longer be available for download after August 15th. Tom's just stuck the tidbit about the Beta expiring so people snag the RC before the time is up.

oldscotch

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
[citation][nom]trkorecky[/nom]It should, if it were talking about Windows 7 Beta. It's talking about RC, and how that will no longer be available for download after August 15th. Tom's just stuck the tidbit about the Beta expiring so people snag the RC before the time is up.[/citation]

Yes, but then it says "Don’t worry, users can still install the RC and get a key if they need one, post August 15. Just hit up the download page and follow the instructions. The Release Candidate is set to expire on June 1 of next year"

So is the RC available for download after Aug 15 or no? Title says one thing, article says another.

G

@oldscotch

No, it doesn't contradict itself. Microsoft will cease offering downloads of the RC on August 15th, but users will still be able to install it and obtain an official key after that date. They'll apparently be able to obtain these keys from the download page, even if the download itself is no longer being offered there.

Status
Not open for further replies.