Microsoft Reveals Plan to Migrate from Messenger to Skype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onihikage

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
[citation][nom]codo[/nom]Very poor journalism, this is nothing new. They announced this months ago.[/citation]
The title is certainly poor. The only thing that has changed is the date.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
EDIT:

Microsoft reveals DATE to migrate from Messenger to Skype.

Agreed title is poor as this has been previously announced, even if there has been no official statement we have all known this was coming.

bisso

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
If only they would fix the major issues with that merge. Like:

1: doing a REAL merge between Skype and Microsoft account instead of just putting one on top of the other, creating a bunch of multiplied contacts, different accounts and making the whole thing so confusing for everyone.

2: Like they advertised: Add the major functions of Messenger on Skype. Where is our email notification? As it's one of the only thing people use Messenger over facebook chat nowaday.

Messenger to Skype is done the same way they made live tiles on Windows 8. Their philosophy for such port is : Just make it cute, don't bother cleaning everything up to make it fun to use.

I just don't understand that developpers like Microsoft couldn't get this right. I'm not a software designer, yet, I could have thought of a better integration in half an hour.

[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Everyone trashes Tom's news - yet here they are reading it and commenting on it....every single day...[/citation]

Tom's is late, people complain. Maybe it's in the hopes of convincing Tom's to get stuff out in time.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
it is a big deal. I hope they don't stuff up skype like msn. So far half my contacts on msn don't work on skype. I am told i have to some magic tricks to get it to work. The msn 2011 has not been working well. I think millions of users can't use it. I know I could not in windows 7 . Though most of my buddies just gave up on it and used something else. So how does Microsoft fix it? They just buy skype.

I am annoyed that we have lessened competition and USA is software industry is weaker. Lets just hope that microsoft can use its financial might to bring in new technology and bring down costs with communications by competing with other communications companies..

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
My typo above that I could not seem to edit.

I am told I have to do... some magic tricks to get it to work. Sign in and sign out. blah blah.

G

K-zon,

In most regards on is simply put when within use of most the OS in which the messenger has for use of to find of for any part to at a time, most the interest of any use for upgrading and/or patching, installing, transferring, patching, adding-on and/or in and/or any other extent to for of with on to probably is placed to say for little interest of.

Given interest of say smartphones and/or tablets in regards of to say at a time with in terms of say microsoft we can just say at all times within interest of most relevence to of on with to say about except the new of course that all of is within such to on for to say place with in terms of a usage to.

Basically, if you have a smartphone and/or tablet what would you probably need to communicate with other, that of no facebook and/or skype to say at a time??

Microsoft otherwise is trying to fix probably what still isn't installed at a time and still is. Which doesn't really sound like much of interest of Microsoft.

Being able to contact and communicate with others is great but to say a lose of service to interest of service to say that the place of worth to is of finding only between when last used and not when used at all to say when did to have the difference between what would work as for what is used just seems like if something could be used on an interest of working it could be anything.

Why should you have to go out an buy a product/component/part for your computer/device which ever means of or be stuck with a product/component/part that may have an interest of use for that of hardly any or none at all unless within place to say of such to for for probably otherwise.

Just seem fairly placed to say within of itself to find at a time almost completely bogus. Given Live and/or clouding for an interest of use for just seems like that of what has had a place of interest of use to to still say be within say a find of at a time on to be within a means on for what has been within use to for that of longer interest then what has probably found a means of use for to a time of on from rather or not that maintains some interest otherwise to.

Sounds worse then the regards of email so far and what interest of ideas have went that way. Given most probably to anyone interest at a time probably still doesn't have for what e-mail places within of for to use of on with to say. But on a side-note, you can still always receive your daily spam and junk-mail, all day everyday despite what you use, e-mail, messenger, video-calling/messenging, whichever. Video Advertising placed within a means of interest to say is of a difference, probably the most popular interest of use at a time. Video calling/messenging is probably fairly cheap though these days to say.

Probably all wrong to some point somewhere; but rather of such to or not still say they basically don't change the interest of such to say otherwise. Given to say Sype has never had a use or usage of for for the service of to or on regards of without MSN/Messenger before to say otherwise.

[citation][nom]Duckhunt[/nom]My typo above that I could not seem to edit. I am told I have to do... some magic tricks to get it to work. Sign in and sign out. blah blah.[/citation]

You can edit tomshardware posts by clicking the "Read the comments on the forums" link between the comments and the article. This does not work in Tom's Guide articles/reviews, but it works in Tom's Hardware articles/reviews.

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
[citation][nom]kk-KKzzzooNNN[/nom]K-zon,In most regards on is simply put when within use of most the OS in which the messenger has for use of to find of for any part to at a time, most the interest of any use for upgrading and/or patching, installing, transferring, patching, adding-on and/or in and/or any other extent to for of with on to probably is placed to say for little interest of. Given interest of say smartphones and/or tablets in regards of to say at a time with in terms of say microsoft we can just say at all times within interest of most relevence to of on with to say about except the new of course that all of is within such to on for to say place with in terms of a usage to. Basically, if you have a smartphone and/or tablet what would you probably need to communicate with other, that of no facebook and/or skype to say at a time??Microsoft otherwise is trying to fix probably what still isn't installed at a time and still is. Which doesn't really sound like much of interest of Microsoft. Being able to contact and communicate with others is great but to say a lose of service to interest of service to say that the place of worth to is of finding only between when last used and not when used at all to say when did to have the difference between what would work as for what is used just seems like if something could be used on an interest of working it could be anything. Why should you have to go out an buy a product/component/part for your computer/device which ever means of or be stuck with a product/component/part that may have an interest of use for that of hardly any or none at all unless within place to say of such to for for probably otherwise. Just seem fairly placed to say within of itself to find at a time almost completely bogus. Given Live and/or clouding for an interest of use for just seems like that of what has had a place of interest of use to to still say be within say a find of at a time on to be within a means on for what has been within use to for that of longer interest then what has probably found a means of use for to a time of on from rather or not that maintains some interest otherwise to. Sounds worse then the regards of email so far and what interest of ideas have went that way. Given most probably to anyone interest at a time probably still doesn't have for what e-mail places within of for to use of on with to say. But on a side-note, you can still always receive your daily spam and junk-mail, all day everyday despite what you use, e-mail, messenger, video-calling/messenging, whichever. Video Advertising placed within a means of interest to say is of a difference, probably the most popular interest of use at a time. Video calling/messenging is probably fairly cheap though these days to say. Probably all wrong to some point somewhere; but rather of such to or not still say they basically don't change the interest of such to say otherwise. Given to say Sype has never had a use or usage of for for the service of to or on regards of without MSN/Messenger before to say otherwise.[/citation]

Ummmm....what?

Status
Not open for further replies.