Microsoft Rumored to Change Windows Logo in Windows 8

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
It could at least be a cool looking window, not something that looks like CGA graphics from 1987. How about a shiny metallic framed window with transparent or even tinted window panes? Then the "window" (why is it even plural when it's just one window with four panes?) could maybe be resting in the palm of someone's hand or something. I don't know, but anything is better than this, if this design is actually being considered. Or even better, just make the Windows 7 logo a multi-colored metallic sphere with the four window panes in the side.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]I thought trapezoid have sides at a angle.[/citation]

Parallelogram is what your looking for. Did get a good laugh at the original comment though.

hannibal

Distinguished
<sarcasm> Dos promt looks so much better than any windows logo </sarcasm>

I just take time to "learn" to like new logos. I liked a lot old Haglöfs logo (a outdoor hat) the new one was just H letter... But now I understand that old logo was for outdoor trekking stuff and new one was more moders and more suitable to sports wear too.
Maybe new logo will appear more to pad type devises? Who knows...

http://www.trademarkia.com/haglofs-74068294.html
http://www.haglofs.com/sv-SE/

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Microsoft should do something that's a throwback to the original windows logo with the pin lighting of the XP logo with a transparent color tinted glass look with a wooden frame border maybe even let the user customize the wood type for the frame boarder and the windows lettering should have a gold leaf look.

They could even consider using a animated one with sunlight shining through to reflect the sun is rising when you load windows and setting when your shutting down windows.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Getting rid of one of the most recognized icons in computing. Wont be good for MS.
This along with the removal of the Start button put's Windows 8 is on the fast track to being the next Vista.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
You're supposed to make things better over time, NOT worse! I'm seriously considering skipping over Windows 8 now... I mean, what moron thought THAT logo would look good? It's hideous!

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]jjshnabadu[/nom]I think their first logo is the perfect format for a Metro theme. Just add some color from the recent photos, and bam -- Windows 8 logo: http://i316.photobucket.com/albums [...] oncept.pngThat was easy. Next?[/citation]
Now that (last one of them I'm assuming) is what I think the next logo should look like. Colorful, and a nice change. How can some guys messing around on a forum, who probably aren't even professionals, do a LOT better than the "professionals" who are in charge? When that's the case, someone's seriously screwing up.

jjshnabadu

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
Thanks, Brian. Yep -- the last one is mine. Took five minutes in GIMP (what can I say, I can't afford PhotoShop). I totally agree with you -- who was paid to come up with that awful purple cop-out of a logo? I'm still hoping it's just someone's sense of humor, but after some of the GUI gaffes in Windows 7, I'm starting to wonder...

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]That's called trapezoid, dumbasss![/citation]

Well excuuuuuse me professor.... I know it's a trapezoid, its vertical sides are parallel to each other.. I come from the country that inventerd the term and we learn about these things in school you know... I wasn't writing a geometry essay and didn't think I was tested on it...

It was a sarcastic remark on the current rage of patenting and trademarks, stating that Microsoft would patent any kind of tilted rectangle (actually called a quadrilateral :p), but your little troll brain did not register it.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]soccerplayer88[/nom]Parallelogram is what your looking for. Did get a good laugh at the original comment though.[/citation]

It is actually a trapezoid. Parallelograms have only right angles and parallel opposite sides. The original comment was actually meant as a joke and not a scientific statement... At least someone got it...

Status
Not open for further replies.