Microsoft Selling Asus VivoTab Note 8 M80T With Wacom Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
price is great on the asus but spec sucks compared to galaxy note. price sucks on the galaxy note but spec better than asus. :p

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
price is great on the asus but spec sucks compared to galaxy note. price sucks on the galaxy note but spec better than asus. :p
A device in the lower price sector is offering worse specs?! *GASP* How can this be?I like this tablet. I decided that I will not buy another Android tablet because more can be done on Windows ones (and Baldur's Gate is just ASKING to be played on a Windows touch-enabled tablet!) But this screen resolution... meh. And 32-bit Windows? When will this die already?

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
WTF are you talking about? It runs on a x86 with the new baytrail atom cpu. Also with Wacom Tech and for $329 that's a really good priced tablet. I wish I didn't buy that Dell tablet

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Not a bad for a productivity tablet, even a price is good considering its Windows based.Specifications are OK except GPU side so this is only a productivity based tablet.I can't not to ask what amount of those 32GB are left on users disposal after win + office are installed? & what are the multimedia capabilities (decode & output)?

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

Video and audio playback in Windows platform beats every other platform out there, be it Android or iOS. Get the right codec and everything will play flawlessly. As Asus include the recovery partition as a separate microSD card, the OS itself probably takes up 10GB to 12GB and it is likely to have around 18GB free space available. Not a whole lot. GPU wise it is a underclocked Intel 4400. You will not be able to play state of the art games on it, but a lot of older games can still be played. There is a concern about overheating and crash if playing 3D intensive games though as this will be a passively cooled unit and modern games generates lots of heat. Should have similar performance like any other Bay Trail tablet in the market now, such as Dell Venue 8 Pro.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
@ w8gamingIts a cut down (?) HD4000 & under clocked!Funny thing is that most developers this days actually use open source media libs so you can have all the same on Linux (& you have).Considering amount of work that Intel is doing recently on improving Linux & GPU support under it I can't not to notice how this could be a much better product with Linux costing 50$ less, with open office (OGL & AGPU HWA), Zram, dual boot (With Android) & still consuming only half of storage space bat there is no final touch based interface yet (Uniti touch is still in development).

WebsWalker

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Yes!!! finally!!!!I was hopping one day a manufacturer will get out of this stupid race to the pixel and the OS bits!!!Who cares it's not 64bits? if there is no more than 2GB of RAM it's useless to go for 64bits, and by the way despite it's a x86 system, I doubt people will use a 8" tablett to do some heavy multi-tasking, thus 2GB should be more than enough!The Screen resolution is quite correct actually, it's not like the osnter from Samsung or Aple but again why should we need that? With my current Nexus7 I don't have a monster resolution either but anyway it's enough to enjoy movies, and higher res would just made the proc to warm more and the battery to be drained.Thus I think this is a great move!If only smartphone could go this way too... I don't say I don't want any overkill products (I don't care) but I would like a 4" smartphone with a correct CPU and a real battery to run it for at least 2-3 days.Anyway good move Asus, propose something else than just pixels and screen size!

Lawrence Cacham

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
I have this tablet, but it's called a Dell Venue,,, =} Yes I know it's not the exact same, but close nuff. I use my Dell Venue 8 Pro mainly to write on, and work related things. These are awesome little tablets when coupled with keyboards like the KZ450, etc.Love my little win tablet!!!!

Lawrence Cacham

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
Oh, I see a few mentions about the smallish 32gig main drive. That's fine as there's actually enuff space left on the drive for the residuals that build up over time, and I keep all my data on a micro sd card(128gig).I'd rather keep all my apps n progz on the external drive anyways, they run just fine, from the few games I like to the office apps I use, etc, etc, etc... I have endless videos and audio files on it... Endless to me anyways per my usage needs. I plan on owning a couple different models of win mini tabs eventually. I couldn't beat the Dell Venue's price tag though and this thing looks like it's fair priced and will come down some in the next year. Sorry all for redundancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.