[SOLVED] Microsoft Store Update Issues (License?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightySquelch

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Hi guys,

Having an issue with my Microsoft Store on my Acer Nitro 5. Ever since last Friday, I cannot seem to update my apps. The images below are the errors.

AW5Nkg.jpg

zBFkMI.jpg

This is not happening to my other devices though. Done the "wsreset" thing and clean installed Win10Pro (21H2) three times.

Any thoughts?

TheMightySquelch

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
OS - from Windows Media Creation Tool Website.

Also, did a clean install of Win10 on a separate device and it works fine, even the Microsoft Store.

BIOS, was just updated last March, but will check,

Just an update, an average of 2-4 apps push through with the update in the three times i tried to update in the last hour.

Might be an issue with Microsoft Store itself.
if the license is valid, and your other web connections are working ok then you are most likely correct. hackers sometimes attack the microsoft store download sites and they run slowly.

you could also get this problem if you have some app using too many tcpip network connections. if that is the case your other connections would also be throttled by windows.

to check the connection you open cmd.exe as an admin and run
netstat.exe -b -q
it will show the connection and the name of the .exe that is making it.
if there is a problem there will be a lot of connections in the TIME_WAIT state

Last edited:

TheMightySquelch

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
if the license is valid, and your other web connections are working ok then you are most likely correct. hackers sometimes attack the microsoft store download sites and they run slowly.

you could also get this problem if you have some app using too many tcpip network connections. if that is the case your other connections would also be throttled by windows.

to check the connection you open cmd.exe as an admin and run
netstat.exe -b -q
it will show the connection and the name of the .exe that is making it.
if there is a problem there will be a lot of connections in the TIME_WAIT state

Possibly hackers, possible connections too. Buy i have another device and it does not have these issues. As an update, from around 30 apps that were not able to be updated, I am down to 17 right now. I am a bit lucky, they are the apps I do not use so much.

Did both what you recommended. License is indeed valid, no issues there. TIME_WAIT just pops up for my browser (Firefox).

May 11, 2022
The only working method I've found is upgrading to Windows 11 by using this website Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com) .

I struggled with this for I think a day or so. Not being able to solve it is really annoying to me. I tried all the Powershell(Admin) settings and all the cmd prompts. I recommend not resetting the Microsoft store, because after I did so I couldn't get it back and had to do another reset this pc. At first, the Microsoft store wouldn't even open as soon as I'd reset this PC, so I tried all of the methods recommended like the ones above and the wsreset.exe command but nothing worked. Then I realized I just needed to wait a little bit for everything to load on. I left my computer alone for around an hour and a half and low and behold the store finally opened, however, nothing would download or update and I'd get this same code. The only thing that worked was upgrading directly to Windows 11 without waiting for your system to dish out an update. This method is riskier but I just did it and initially, I do not see any problems. It's kinda like this is their way of forcing us to upgrade lol.

Reactions: TheMightySquelch

TheMightySquelch

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
The only working method I've found is upgrading to Windows 11 by using this website Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com) .

I struggled with this for I think a day or so. Not being able to solve it is really annoying to me. I tried all the Powershell(Admin) settings and all the cmd prompts. I recommend not resetting the Microsoft store, because after I did so I couldn't get it back and had to do another reset this pc. At first, the Microsoft store wouldn't even open as soon as I'd reset this PC, so I tried all of the methods recommended like the ones above and the wsreset.exe command but nothing worked. Then I realized I just needed to wait a little bit for everything to load on. I left my computer alone for around an hour and a half and low and behold the store finally opened, however, nothing would download or update and I'd get this same code. The only thing that worked was upgrading directly to Windows 11 without waiting for your system to dish out an update. This method is riskier but I just did it and initially, I do not see any problems. It's kinda like this is their way of forcing us to upgrade lol.

Yeah, I did most of that and I think four clean re-installs of Win10Pro. (Samsung 970 EVO Plus still a champ with 100% health, nearing 3TB read/write)

Only thing left for me to do is upgrade to Win11, but I'll hold off for now. Maybe next year.

As an update, I now have two (2) devices with this problem in the MS Store, this first one is an Acer Nitro 5 (2021 Intel) and now to my Lenovo ThinkBook 14 (2021 AMD). Good to know it is just not me. Hope this will get fixed in an update.

May 19, 2022
Hi, I also encountered this problem, you can try to uninstall the latest cumulative update (KB5013942), it should solve the problem. But I have no way to give feedback to Microsoft officials.

May 21, 2022
struggled with this for I think a day or so. Not being able to solve it is really annoying to me. I tried all the Powershell(Admin) settings and all the cmd prompts. I recommend not resetting the Microsoft store, because after I did so I couldn't get it back and had to do another reset this pc. At first, the Microsoft store wouldn't even open as soon as I'd reset this PC, so I tried all of the methods recommended like the ones above and the wsreset.exe command but nothing worked. Then I realized I just needed to wait a little bit for everything to load on. I left my computer alone for around an hour and a half and low and behold the store finally opened, however, nothing would download or update and I'd get this same code.
Hi, I also encountered this problem, acer nitro5 win 10 pro
any solution other than upgrade to win11?

May 19, 2022
Unfortunately, it did not work for me.

Hi, I also encountered this problem, acer nitro5 win 10 pro
any solution other than upgrade to win11?
I found an update from Microsoft that has fixed the problem, but it needs to be installed manually, it has solved the problem perfectly on my device, hope it works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightySquelch

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022

TheMightySquelch

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
I found an update from Microsoft that has fixed the problem, but it needs to be installed manually, it has solved the problem perfectly on my device, hope it works for you.

Looks like it also pointed to the same information with the link I posted. It helped e fix the issue on my Lenovo ThinkBook, but still not for my Acer Nitro 5.

May 21, 2022
Looks like it also pointed to the same information with the link I posted. It helped e fix the issue on my Lenovo ThinkBook, but still not for my Acer Nitro 5.
I'll clarify regardless - Only the MS app from within win10 was freezing after clicking on any of the apps. The MS website worked fine (but it directed me to the app when trying to install an app so it didnt help as a bypass solution.
The problem wasnt networking.

Thanks for trying to help anyway!
fix 3 is work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.