Microsoft Surface 2: We Go Hands On

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing new? So a higher screen resolution, upgrade from USB 2.0 to 3.0, more versatile kickstand, and a back-lit keyboard all amount to "virtually nothing new"? Please don't tell me you're an iPad fan with their "improvements" every year. Actually, do tell me that, it'd be more fun.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Yes, virtually nothing new. Screen res bumps are nothing to make a big deal about. Was USB 2.0 a problem with the original Surface RT? I'm not talking Pro, I'm talking Surface RT. It's not like USB was the limiting factor... Also, I couldn't care less about iPads.

Virtually nothing new: Faster SoC. Better resolution. "Same" OS (MS isn't making a big enough deal about changes in 8.1). Same features within the OS in the eyes of the consumers. The kickstand is a dumb idea, no matter how much more robust you can make it.

Virtually nothing new. I.e., nothing significantly different to honestly change marketshare. the tablet market is stale. People are getting more and more invested in the ecosystems they've been in since before Surface came out. Without game-changing developments--and going to USB 3.0 is not a game changer--It's just like releasing the exact same thing as last year, which MS took nearly a $1bn hit on already. Don't get me wrong--I'm not a MS or Surface hater. But this release is virtually nothing new, and nothing exciting. 8.1 adds a few new and useful features, but MS is again failing in the PR marketing on that end.

cooloox

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Are people really that dumb? Wouldn't it be the most natural thing in the world to either: (1) do some research before purchasing ANY tablet/laptop/pc/phone etc.? (2) Ask a salesman in a shop, "what's the difference between this one and the pro model?"

How can anyone be confused? How could anyone be confused with the Surface RT and the Surface Pro? There were only 2 models!!! People really are pathetic.

drumtosurprise

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
I still have not figured out how to print through a network. Difficult when you can't install drivers on the Surface 2. At least a print app should be available but is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.