Microsoft Tests Letting Users Delete More Default Windows 10 Apps

Maybe Microsoft looked at all of their telemetry data streaming in from Windows 10 and realized these apps are practically unused but are taking up precious storage on space limited machines, causing them more headaches in rolling out an ever increasing footprint of patches? I've seen Windows 10 updates fail plenty of times due to limited space. (Makes one wonder why an update would even commence, if you can have a reasonable idea it won't finish ahead of time?)

I really can't recommend Windows 10 until it gives full agency back to the owners of their own property, and stops trying to protect people from the consequences of their own decisions. Those stupid apps really have nothing to do with the core function of an OS.

Chris_361

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Can't agree more , Win 10 which i have used on and off since it came out is unbearable to use and it's the ridiculous amounts of apps that many have absolutely ZERO interest in .

Not only are there so many of them MS makes it so much more difficult to permanently delete than it should be .

I'm being dead serious here when i say after a fresh Win 10 install 70% of the stuff that comes with it (Default stuff) i truly despise, i have ZERO NADA NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN interest in it .

A lot of my family members hate it more than i do and i hate it with a passion.

audiospecaccts

Upstanding
Oct 13, 2018
I think everyone should abandon Microsoft on the PC and go to Linux. I really don't understand why they are still in business since their main product has always been a disappointment.

Oct 21, 2018
What a joke - just more proof you can't even control your own OS, much less own it. How is this OK to anyone? Sheep.

Chris_361

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
"Dotcom also took aim at Microsoft, Apple and Alphabet, Google’s parent company, saying they are “the worst of all deep State collaborators” because they “contain the most backdoors, they supply the most data and technology to the Deep State making spying on all of us easier.”

https://www.rt.com/usa/434532-deep-state-sm-meddling-dotcom/

audiospecaccts

Upstanding
Oct 13, 2018

I turn it off in the registry.
Along with other stuff that is not available on a control panel.

Quite frankly, they need to make a no-app version with no internet involvement in the background. The way they have it set up, hackers could install rootkits through these back doors and steal bandwidth away from the computer.