Microsoft Unveils Windows 8-Friendly Peripherals

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Well the article has Windows 8 in the title, so cue the complaining....here, I'll get you started:

No one cares about new kb/m, Windows 8 is a fail.

Let me know when they have a peripheral that adds the start button back.

No one wants to buy a new peripheral just to make Metro halfway usable...I'll stay with 7.

How'd I do?

G

Keyboard and mouse for an OS designed around using a touchscreen. lol gg

Its over, Microsoft is finished.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Protip: If you like windows 8, buy it. If you don't, stop complaining and stick with 7 (or XP/vista if thats your cup of tea)

Have a nice day.

raurelian

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
[citation][nom]IAmVortigaunt[/nom]Well the article has Windows 8 in the title, so cue the complaining....here, I'll get you started:No one cares about new kb/m, Windows 8 is a fail.Let me know when they have a peripheral that adds the start button back.No one wants to buy a new peripheral just to make Metro halfway usable...I'll stay with 7.How'd I do?[/citation]

This made my day :)

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
[citation][nom]chromonoid[/nom][citation]here, I'll get you started:No one cares about new kb/m, Windows 8 is a fail.[/citation]have you even tried W8?? i downloaded a W8 torrent a few weeks back and i love it, once you get used to the metro GUI W8 is awesome[/citation]

perhaps you missed the sarcasm...

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Those look nice ...

It goes to show you how just some subtle hardware changes to input devices can make Metro UI much more feasible. When we bitch about how Metro UI is not suitable for a desktop PC, I think most of us were not even thinking about the possibility of just modifying the input devices.

A Wacom-style touch pad for an input device would be awesome for Metro UI ... they just need to figure out a way to make it as precise and usable as a mouse when necessary.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]m23454[/nom]Keyboard and mouse for an OS designed around using a touchscreen. lol ggIts over, Microsoft is finished.[/citation]
The mouse was designed to work with an graphical OS.. you know .. to fukin move that graphical little arrow around the screen ? Can you be much dumber ? Kudos to the first post, you nailed this one :))

ejb222

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Actually these work rather well with W7 too. Windows 7 can be very gesture based and this hardware aims to utilize that. Not to mention MS mice and keyboards are usually pretty top notch. Wouldnt mind trying them myself.

ejb222

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Actually these work rather well with W7 too. Windows 7 can be very gesture based and this hardware aims to utilize that. Not to mention MS mice and keyboards are usually pretty top notch. Wouldnt mind trying them myself.

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
New Hardware for the new AppleSoft (this is our new OS, This is the new MicroApp Store, and anything else we can do to totally control your PC experience and remove the features you like). Awesome.

bucknutty

Distinguished
I like bluetooth, but we need a new way to sync. How about a new tap sync tech. Like tap the mouse to the windows 8 device and it magically syncs and is good to go.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]bucknutty[/nom]I like bluetooth, but we need a new way to sync. How about a new tap sync tech. Like tap the mouse to the windows 8 device and it magically syncs and is good to go.[/citation]
Jobs would have sued you for that.

bogo663

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Windows 8 is complete garbage. There are rumors saying that you can only get games legally from the live marketplace. Skrew that nonsense, I am staying on Widows 7 so I can use steam.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]Jobs would have sued you for that.[/citation]
The only people Jobs is going to sue are the other stiffs in the graveyard, he patented being dead and even though they died before him they are still in breech of the patent. Just waiting on him being resurrected so he patent that and can sue Jesus too.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]bogo663[/nom]Windows 8 is complete garbage. There are rumors saying that you can only get games legally from the live marketplace. Skrew that nonsense, I am staying on Widows 7 so I can use steam.[/citation]
Rumour control, have you even attempted to run the preview, maybe install Steam?
Of course you haven't, come back in a couple of days after you have tried it for yourself

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]Protip: If you like windows 8, buy it. If you don't, stop complaining and stick with 7 (or XP/vista if thats your cup of tea)Have a nice day.[/citation]

Pro Tip: You can keep Windows 7, Vista, or XP, but eventually Microsoft will cease to support such products and you will be forced to use one of the newer versions of windows based on the incomprehensibly idiotic concepts being driven in Windows 8.

Reality Check: If you hate Windows 8, keep Windows 7 (or a prior version) and continue to complain so Microsoft fully realizes their mistakes and makes adjustments in subsequent versions so we aren't stuck with worthless operating systems that don't properly integrate with desktops and laptops that most power users utilize.

undercovernerd6

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
once Leap motion gets here I can sit back on my couch and use my 42 inch LCD like it was intended for. Or move my ass forward grab my mouse and keyboard and own some bitches on my fav game. So slow and one minded the trolls are.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
they get rid of the start menu which was the reason why the windows key was created yet the keep the windows key with this keyboard with the windows 8 logo instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.