Microsoft visual C++ runtime error program: C

Brachaboy

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
So for whatever reason this message started coming up as soon as i turn on my computer, ive not changed anything or downloaded anything to cause this, heres a gyazo screenshot of the entire window: https://gyazo.com/65c734f2b0273e07ae938b9b49688e38
All it says is program: C... which is obviously not helpful, but im hoping one of you will point me in the right direction to fix this. Sorry for not posting much info but i really have no idea what this is about or whats causing it, the only thing ive tried is updating all of the microsoft redistributable packages from 2012 onwards, doesnt seem to have fixed it. Another thing is that in the taskbar, the error message has an xbox logo, heres the gyazo of that: https://gyazo.com/16cae1aa1ed96eb7389a7698fa6ca347

GTX 970 SC
win 10
amd phenom ll x6 1100t
16gb ram

Solution

I'd navigate to my event viewer. Take note exactly what time you tun on your computer. Right click your start button and click on Event viewer. Find the error with that time stamp.

Are you a gamer? Xbox suggests Microsoft Live which is um well bad. Judging by your other icons it seems you just might enjoy gaming. You also know that FPS doesn't only refer to first person shooter. You have fraps. Does that mean you might also have MSI Afterburner? If you do, uninstall it. Hurry up. DO IT NOW!!! It's about to go critical!!!!!! Okay. Maybe not critical but that is a likely cause. It may also help to run Ccleaner and its resident registry cleaner as well. Download the newest version of Afterburner. Install it.

Apart from that it is a matter of typing msconfig in your run/search bar and stopping programs from starting at boot. You can also use Ccleaner's tool for that. Open Ccleaner and click on tools. Click on start-up. Even when that list has been disabled others can only be stopped with msconfig or other ways Ccleaner doesn't have. Before you debark you might just want to type msconfig in your start/run box and click on boot. Click on safe mode and reboot. You entered Windows without the C++ error? Yep, msconfig and its list of programs need to be gleaned to find the culprit. type msconfig in your start/run box and change it back to normal boot and restart to enter WIndows 10 normally. Because you see the xbox icon you already have a clue as to what you should stop from auto-starting in msconfig. Windows Update is known for breaking itself and other 3rd party programs. Starting with 10 they let users know their choices don't matter. It's their OS and WIndows will change its settings depending upon their mood and inclination. Windows Update probably changed a settings and has something auto-starting which your PC doesn't like.

Solution