Microsoft Warns About DirectX Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Hitokage an exploit using direct show could be rebuild for several other applications that rely on direct show.
As Apple's don't use DirectX (sadly otherwise the platform might be worth it) this exploit wont fly on Apple machines.
In other words this comes down to microsoft software being exploited not quicktime.

deepgray

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
[citation][nom]computabug[/nom]Apple is trying to infect all Windows machines to make people switch to Macs lol[/citation]
Or Microsoft trying to infect XP users to make them upgrade to Vista/Win 7!

rockabye

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Jindaman[/nom]Just sounds like Microsoft wants you to buy one of their new OS.[/citation]
I agree, and all while putting the blame on Apple. What a brilliant scheme.

bardia

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
Haha, when Microsoft sucks, it's Microsoft. When Apple sucks, it's Microsoft. I see I see.

And when XP sucks... well... we just pretend XP doesn't suck.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Jindaman[/nom]Just sounds like Microsoft wants you to buy one of their new OS.[/citation]

Sure....its not as though Windows 7 is available as a free download or anything, right?...

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Mac software on the PC has always been horible. There is about as much quality control in their PC software as there is in your toilet. A lot like Adobe now that I think about it...

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Jindaman[/nom]Just sounds like Microsoft wants you to buy one of their new OS.[/citation]By working on a patch to fix the problem? Darn that evil Microsoft, somehow forcing me to buy a new OS by continuing to support and patch my current OS!

Jindaman

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
Current investigations reveal that Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 are highly susceptible to an attack; Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 are not vulnerable.

gbean02

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Keep telling me how bad Vista is, and continue using XP. Everyone who has used a computer for 10 years or more, cannot deny that XP Sucked at launch. Hope they patch the exploit before any XP users get infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS