Microsoft Will Name a New CEO By Early 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
How about putting the company president back in total control of the company and get the board out.
I care about a stable and a quality product(s) with no 'take over' the desktop, internet, application, infrastructure et al. greed.
The market is changing and MS is trying to maintain the Status Quo and the tighter the grip the quicker it slips away. They believe they can keep charging the same rates and that by pushing everything into the cloud they can maintain current margins. They were the first to 'give' away the browser with the theory that users need to be able to access the internet for it to grow. Now they need to do the same or at least similar with the OS, with the theory that their cloud offerings will be the best.
Just remember they still are on NT only with improved drivers and a different interface.
Mine is NT 6.2 build 9200 (win 8).
Wow, I'm supposed to be impressed that they use databases and SQL to do installs?

Hunt4Epic

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Yeah lets get rid of C and everything derived from it just cause its even older. Plenty of 'Free' operating systems out there, maybe you should try one.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

you do realize that when he announce to kill bing and sell the xbox brand Microsoft stock actually went up that day when share holder heard that news.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
@Hunt4Epic 'Yeah lets get rid of C and everything derived from it just cause its even older. Plenty of 'Free' operating systems out there, maybe you should try one.'
Having trouble reading for comprehension still?
I make it easier to understand.
They are charging the same amount for an OS that has changed very little in two decades other than driver updates and UI changes. OK, I give them .net.
Now I can tell by your comment that change is very scary for you, you cling to 'C' maybe it's time to try something really new like 'C++' ooh shudder.
Compared to Amazon and Google, MS looks like they are standing still.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Whoever it is, needs to put the hammer down. Get the Windows 7 Start Menu coding, and drop it into the next Windows 8 update. Plus, give us more options of what we want to see. I'm not interested in "Charms" unless they're swimming in milk.

Hunt4Epic

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

I made two statements as simple as possible, yet you failed to comprehend them. When you stop with your nerd rage, please reread what I typed. I fully understood you, and pointed out the flaws in your logic. There are books written about the concepts I've implied. Unfortunately, they contain english, which contains parts of an 'OLD' dead, non-evolving language (Latin) therefor you would be pissed about paying money for them. I would have agreed with you, if you had pointed out valid deficiencies, but bashing it because its old? Really? I hope you think a whole lot more on the subject and not come back at me with an intermediate response. I do appreciate you bringing Amazon up though. People tend to underrate them in technologies.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
@Hunt4Epic
Incase the article is too deep for you, here is the quote.
"For decades the company built a business based of licensing its software to device makers. With Microsoft focusing on the cloud, it's showing that these licensing fees are no longer an important part of the equation."

Apology accepted.

Hunt4Epic

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Did you even read the full source article? I apologize for your lack of comprehension. Good day to you sir and good luck in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS