Microsoft Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16215 Is A Doozy

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPanda

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
are they ever going to fix application windows clipping past the task bar; if the taskbar is placed anywhere besides the bottom? still find that odd behavior since windows 7.

Giroro

Splendid
I'm worried about "fluent design".
It looks like Microsoft is back to the Windows 8 mentality of trying to make a single GUI work for every single conceivable only method, which ultimately made the OS an unusable mess that was terrible at everything.

It's been years, but they haven't even ironed out the wrinkles of switching between tablet and desktop mode. Yet they think throwing in phones, xbox controllers, and AR headsets will somehow improve on their fundamental problems?

Just make a fast, sleek, customizable desktop OS that enterprises actually want to use. Or in the very least, let users disable the ridiculous, slow, distracting animations in MS office. Once Microsoft actually gets their core market right, then they can move on to phones, or whatever.

I could care less about more features at the moment (Creators update hasn't reached me yet anyway.) What I care about is bug fixes and honestly addressing privacy in a truthful and meaningful way with users... with honest and functional privacy setting for everything that MS collects its "telemetry" from and with.

I'd rather desktop NOT become like a tablet or smartphone.... it made accessing things a bit clunky and hard to find even in 8.1. Win10 is a good OS, once you get things like privacy under control and not push an unwanted interfaces.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
This is like getting a service pack every 6 months. I just want a stable OS that works 100% of the time. The major updates are what break the 100% stability I want. This is why I only use 10 on a laptop and 7 on my desktop which never has problems. I got too many programs, games, custom settings, mods and registry changes for constant updates like this to be manageable. Something always breaks on my laptop. The only way this works is if you leave your OS in default mode, have a very small amount of stuff installed and use the web browser as your main app.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
What about Explorer.exe getting full support for file paths longer than 255 characters instead of using TotalCommander?
HDD/SSD SMART data viewable within Disk Management?
GPU % utilization in Task Manager?
Ability to see battery voltage, charge/discharge rate and wear within the battery window, rather than relying on third party software?

nubro01

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Finally Edge supports the html details tag, but their implementation is far from correct.
I expect the collapsed line with their starting point to be on the same line, not a CR+LF after the heading.

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
To all those complaining about fluff, and new feature instability, Win 10 LTSB is what you need. It's the core OS only without any fluff and is supported for 10 years. Microsoft already addressed all the fluff haters, but it seems no one cares to know that.

matmat9v

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
@JP7189 Just try to buy it anywhere, I dare you. You have to be a corporation with Volume Licensing to even have a ability to buy one. Unless you pirate it of course.

matmat9v

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
@JP7189 - just try to buy it, I dare you. You have to be a corporate user with Volume Licensing agreement to even be able to buy it. Unless you pirate it of course. The best Windows version is only available to pirates, what a joke...

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
@matmat9v - fair enough, but LTSB is what I use on anything I need to rely on. You only need to buy 5 licenses to qualify for volume / LTSB. It's not THAT hard to get ahold of. Anyone with a job (or university student) can get it.

Paul_335

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
The new features in build 16215 are nice but i have to reinstall 16199 in order to use my printer or print a document to pdf

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Edge still does not have all the features of IE11.

Where is the RSS button? Why cant I have 20 sites in the about:tabs page like I did in IE11 with the reg hack? 8 tab sites is pitiful

kyotokid

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
..until they stop ramming updates (which may have bugs) down our systems' throats, stop watching every move we make, stop forcing us to deal with "features" we don't want, and stop forcing hardware developers to only support W10, the "last OS you will ever need" will never be on a system I own.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
SHRAPNEL_INDIE 4 days ago
What I care about is bug fixes and honestly addressing privacy in a truthful and meaningful way with users.
Indie, they have already done both those things. They are fixing bugs slowly but surely and they have basically said "Look this is what we harvest, all of it is anonymized so it cannot be tracked back to a specific person, learn to deal with it or switch to a different OS!"
Which that last thing I believe is the correct stance to take. I do not give any if Microsoft is harvesting various information. I have Cortana turned on totally and non-neutered.
At first I did not have it turned on like that but as I got educated on what they were harvesting, I realized "Not a big worry.... Cortana on again!"

The general wallpaper came with Windows 10(or at least did one some insider builds).

Microsoft held a contest to make a ninjacat diy wallpaper and had image assets(different images to use). One of these was the T-rex. Someone photoshopped it into that wallpaper. I have yet to find it, but I did find the t-rex

The image was called Windows_Insiders_Trex.png and was contained in a compressed file called Windows_Insiders_Ninjacat-DIY.zip

Here is rex.
https://postimg.org/image/8sl2iyqx1/

Status
Not open for further replies.