News Microsoft Windows 11 Gaming Bugs Fixed, Rollout Restarts

ThatMouse

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
I'm not convinced they've identified the issue. They started out saying it was "some games" and then changed it to "some games and apps" but when I got stuck with it, Task Manager and Chrome were definitely laggy as well. Everything was slow like my PC was 5 years older.

FunSurfer

Distinguished
Cyberpunk 2077 benchmark result is the same after the Windows 11 22H2 update (Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX 3060 Ti)
Only bug I noticed is GeForce Experience detects Notepad as a game and in-game overlay is activated each time Notepad is opened

Last edited:

tiggers97

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
So what is everyone's opinion of Windows 11 now for gaming? Stable?
I'm still on Windows 10, and not yet convinced I should go through with the constant pestering to update to 11.

Oct 11, 2022
I'm still on Windows 10, and not yet convinced I should go through with the constant pestering to update to 11.
No. Don't upgrade to W11 yet, especially if you're using AMD system (for CPU / GPU or both). This OS bricks my PC cuz microsoft don't recognize AMD fTPM on my CPU (R9 5900X), it made my PC totally freeze everytime an app trigger the "TPM certification check". I fixed it by installing an external TPM module.. Might be worth it to wait for W12 and hope they fix all of this issue in the new OS. This one is a bug farm.

Colif

Win 11 Master
one person having problems isn't enough to stop others trying win 11.
Something clearly wrong with your CPU or MB if it needed you to use TPM on a 5900.
I have been on it on an AMD system now since August last year.

This isn't only about upgrading to win 11, this is about a version update appearing for people again.

DavidLejdar

Prominent
Sep 11, 2022
Everything works fine for me (so far), gaming with Win11 for almost 2 months now incl. MP, since I put my new desktop rig together (AM5). Last week I put a RX 6700 XT in there, and also no issue with 1440p gaming (with a 144 Hz screen here). Even tried The Witcher 3 next-gen upgrade today, with DX12 at Ultra+ graphical settings, and it runs smoothly here (including fast loading), with no crash in the 2 hours I checked it. Additionally recorded a gaming video at it, and fine. Here's a screenshot from the video:

That's an individual case though of course. I.e. Win10 asks for a minimum of 2GB of RAM (for 64-bit system), whereas Win11 asks for 4GB as system requirement. So if someone has 8GB RAM, I suppose the apparent increased "RAM need" by Win11 may mean that the remainder will be lacking elsewhere (as in not being able to keep as many browser tabs open as one was used to with Win10). But from my experience, no complaint at all. No crash and no lag in Windows as such, and games run fine and not only stable but smooth. Also moved my slower NVMe SSD with the OS to a chipset M.2 slot, and nothing is worse as far as I can see.

Last edited:

coromonadalix

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
If win10 works ok, i would not upgrade ...

Im on win 11 it's a pain in the ..... visually speaking, bad gui, bad design etc ... not woth it ... for now

Oct 11, 2022
one person having problems isn't enough to stop others trying win 11.
Something clearly wrong with your CPU or MB if it needed you to use TPM on a 5900.
I have been on it on an AMD system now since August last year.

This isn't only about upgrading to win 11, this is about a version update appearing for people again.

About the motherboard, i'm using ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero AM4, idk if it have any problems in it, but before 22H2 update, it runs perfectly without any issues, I didn't need that dedicated TPM till I installed that update. And about "one person having problems isn't enough to stop 'others' ",
One. He asked about the stability, so i told him from my perspective plus the reasons.
Two. This news is about W11 "Fixing it's 'Issues'" so that means that issues Existed or even still exists in the OS.
Three. About the issue i mentioned, others also reported the similar issue: https://community.amd.com/t5/proces...ize-scep-certificationregistration/m-p/495359
and that is just one example in one forum. There are still so many error reports in another forums out there.

And aside from that issue, there are no other issue from my personal experience using it since Oct 2021. Everything works fine and no lag, no stutters. But from, once again, my personal opinion, W10 is way more stable.

Last edited:

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
I updated the OS last night (not sure into which version) on my PC and now Windows Explorer crashes every so often. Start menu would also freeze randomly and relatively higher CPU usage (the PC is a bit more noisy now). Can't say anything about gaming as I don't game though...

It feels like..... it's going backwards...

flytrap23

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
I have an RTX 4080 and have had zero problems gaming with Windows 11. But I do keep my drivers updated.
Windows 11 does take some getting used to; like any new OS, there are some differences in how to do things and how things work But overall, it works fine.

No. Don't upgrade to W11 yet, especially if you're using AMD system (for CPU / GPU or both). This OS bricks my PC cuz microsoft don't recognize AMD fTPM on my CPU (R9 5900X), it made my PC totally freeze everytime an app trigger the "TPM certification check". I fixed it by installing an external TPM module.. Might be worth it to wait for W12 and hope they fix all of this issue in the new OS. This one is a bug farm.
i have both amd gpu and amd cpu, no issues

Colif

Win 11 Master

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018

Honestly, Linux is now a serious gaming platform thanks to the hard work of Valve, maybe that little voice of yours isn't holding you back just from windows 11 but the whole platform is just not where you need to be anymore.