Microsoft: Windows 7 on October 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
I cant wait ! because my rig will be finished right arround same time, now that i know the date i can hold off with bying OS, since i thought it will be near end of the year.

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
RC is valid until June 1 2010, however after March 1 2010 it starts shutting down every two hours(as mentioned in the Exploring Windows: Special Beta Edition -- Correction email sent to testers)

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]starhoof[/nom]I cant wait ! because my rig will be finished right arround same time, now that i know the date i can hold off with bying OS, since i thought it will be near end of the year.[/citation]
Just use the RC if you get the hardware together before then

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Jeez, I'm going to have a bunch of OSes installed on my system, Karmic Koala (Ubuntu 9.10) comes out in October, and I usually do a fresh install to test it before getting rid of the older distro. I guess I'll just get rid of all my Windows partitions for Windows 7 Ultimate.

themike

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
It took me a firmware update for my asus xonar dx sound card, but my Windows 7 is running great and I'm not booting my xp or vista anymore. Can't wait till final, this while GPU acceleration and better hyperthreading is gonna be great!

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Decent OS. Kind of the first to actually drive system requirements down for a change... Which gets my thumbs up.

RC is running decently on my HTPC, which is NOT at all top notch. I'd install it on my Vista x64 gaming rig too, if I weren't that lazy :) Guess it'll have to do, until the RTM becomes available.

My notebook has Ubuntu 9.04 all over it though.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Windows 7 becomes available in October, yet there is no mention of it at all in the general media, tv ads etc. All the while we keep watching the ads with the 'laptop hunters' choosing that dell with vista. I wonder when MS will throw the switch to start the Windows 7 campaign...

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
I really hated Vista, and I like Win7 64b. I had tested it since 2 months. It still contains some glitches, but anyway I prefer it to XP.

If my Epson Stylus Color 600 where working on Win7, I would just delete XP, since I need those 50 Gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.